Betreff: need help, low fps in Apex Legends

by Azaanis

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Sick1ClickWell this is not entirely true. Let's take your example. What RTSS shows as frametime, is the time it perceived to render one frame, but it actually does the frame-capping on the CPU-level, so it sometimes has to wait 0-1 frames and it doesn't tell you that in frametime. So your ACTUAL frametime (or I should rather say the actual delay between processing a frame and it's display) is more like 6.9ms+[0-6.9ms]=6.9-13.8 ms. While the game has 7/7.2 ms. The difference is low, but it's still there. So, frametime does not actually help in measuring input lag, it only says how much time the GPU needs to render one frame. Measuring input lag can only be done by using speed camera, because of many variables. The time of your mouse and keyboard to send a signal, CPU process time and queue, same for GPU and lastly sending it to the monitor, or waiting for last frame to completely display if you're using VSync. If you prefer the smootness, go for RTSS. It's no way near to VSync considering input lag.

Message 21 of 41 (3,514 Views)

★★ Novice

how do you do number 6? You need to unlock your fps in apex legends by adding this argument to the start options: +fps_max unlimited?

I followed what you said here and it helped some but not completely. Im on 2080ti i9-10900. 240HZ..

yet I can run in this game I stutter

Message 22 of 41 (3,274 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Hey @SayMOB4life 

I'll update this post from time to time. It's important to use studio drivers. For some reason, the basic game ready driver workes incorrect with un-caped fps ins apex legends.

Add this start option in origin -> library -> right click on apex -> start options

Greetings

Message 23 of 41 (3,237 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I found the solution for you guys.

You will thank me for this.Nerd

here's the step by step guide I followed that fixed my stuttering issue on Apex Legend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xoUa_6DB98&t=13s

Message 24 of 41 (3,186 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Hey @Krunal-Vasani,

I already know him :D (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technische-Fragen/Apex-laggt-trotz-neuem-High-End-PC/m-p/9336735/highlight...)

By the way, my guide about setting up RTSS is identical to this guys video :D

His guide is good for pc newbies, too. But the thing is, if you use RTSS without optimized graficcard settings, you'll get lags when FPS are dropping. With a RTX 2080ti and a i9 9900k that doesn't concern you :D

I found a very good way to use RTSS without lags while FPS are dropping a litte.

Unfortunately, so far I've only found a way with NVIDIA graphics cards. I am now adapting the instructions.

Message 25 of 41 (3,152 Views)

★ Guide

nothing works on a 5700xt and 3600x combo. 16 gigs, dual channel.

fps is so poor in this game, they said "World’s Edge received performance improvements, especially around The Tree, The Dome and Skyhook, looking towards the center of the map." yet the game is worse than in season 5. I have tried every possible solution, but as I see the devs just give a flying f**k about AMD cards. Contacted AMD support, they couldn't say anything helpful, contacted the Devs here, usually no answer, I spent more than 100$ on this game already, and I can't play the game on 144fps even on low settings.. pathetic

Message 26 of 41 (3,118 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@nospaferr 

What is your screen resolution and RAM speed? Is your screen Freesync ready? I've two more systems to test, a i5 4690k+vega56 and 2700x+5700xt, I'll shar my results with you.

Use 1usmus powerplan guide for the 3600x and the latest BIOS update with latest agesa version.

What did you try to resolve the problem?

Never mind, I found your post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Still-very-poor-FPS-on-Gaming-PC-after-update/m-p/9418336... 

So just notice the question; Is your screen Freesync ready and what resolution u are using?

Message 27 of 41 (3,098 Views)

★ Guide

I just updated my mobo bios last night, runs even worse than before. Playing on 1080p, 3200 ram speed, it's unstable at 3600mhz. My screen is freesync ready, but I'm not using it due to input lag.

Message 28 of 41 (3,077 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@nospaferr 

2700x+5700xt runs at 1440p (144hz), i5-4690k+vega56 at 1080p (144hz) both with RTSS and freesync off at low settings.

There must be a problem with your setup, 1080p is not a problem for this hardware.

Did you enabled d.o.c.p for 3200mhz?

For 3600mhz, try to increase SOC voltage to 1.15v-1.2v (for fclk), DRAM to 1.5v-1.6v and maybe you need to change the DRAM timings, like command rate to T2.

Message 29 of 41 (3,065 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Sick1ClickHey, just wanted to thank you for the guide you wrote on 2nd page, it's working and I can finally enjoy the game, the stuttering was unbearable.

edit: actually, just capping the FPS in RTSS fixes the stuttering, but getting rid of tearing is wonderful to see too.

Message 30 of 41 (2,830 Views)