by Deceptionsv

Original Post

Re: need for speed payback pc random crashes

★★★ Novice

Bump, anyone figure it out yet? 

Message 81 of 97 (2,996 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No nothing yet....Game still crashes even in 2019.Well done EA.

Message 82 of 97 (2,952 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have a dell inspiron 7567 core i7 7700hq 2.8ghz hyper thread boost to 3.8ghz
8gb ddr4 ram
nvidia gtx 1050ti 4gb ddr5
and 1tb hybrid 5400rpm hhd with 8gb cache paging ability
I first ran across a video on youtube for this dell 7567 on how to change the voltage to hrtz map to lower its TDP throttling "core's overheating procedure" video was titled how to get 60+fps on gta v when this computer normally gets 28min 35avg fps with using msi afterburner and tweaking the TDP graph "as I would call it" with his created graph (note control+F opens graph in msi software) my pc ran much cooler with absolutely no performance loss. Now what is weird with most people running this game with a gtx 1050ti run the game with all medium settings for best performance. However any setting under high will cause frame skipping and freeze crashing quite soon after. if I run ultra textures, ultra antilisiling "cant spell" and AAO not Max AAO with everything else on high except vegetation, game will run without a single crash or major glitch. just why should I have to crank up the graphics in order to run the game. Did the developers or orgin set this requirement to boost sales and love for its awesomeness or something, I have never had an issue lowering graphics before however I get 43 average fps with min drops to 23 but like I stated, does not glitch nor freezes and stays considerably cooler. if your goal is to receive 60fps with my system I would strongly convince you not too I have overclocked, with improvements but not like this, even upwards of 70fps the game runs better cooler and from 60fps to 42fps. if your system is putting out more frames than 42 and your still glitching change some settings to high. Only way I can recommend for you to enjoy this title and have the best possible gaming experience.. NO undervolting with throttle stop or core ghz locking in hyper thread or even overclocking in msi Needed to achieve this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeQUs4Wtyfs (youtube video link) please let me know if this helps you [edit: email address removed]
Message 83 of 97 (2,863 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I guess support for this game is dead. developers try to concentrate on their next game to get your money. 

Found a solution though. Deinstall the game. Dont buy any ea games anymore. the company is not here to make you happy or try to help you with YOUR problems. it is there to make money.

Message 84 of 97 (2,694 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this might be a dead thread but I have found a fix that works for me, might help you guys out. Ran it through the origin launcher and it kept closing out for no reason at random times, went to the folder where you installed your origin games, right click on the NeedForSpeedPayback.exe and run as administrator. Use this .exe to also run your game while you are logged into origin, have been playing fine for the past 2 days straight without crashes

Message 85 of 97 (2,604 Views)

★ Novice

I just purchased the deluxe version of the game and was having the same issue where the game would randomly crash to the desktop; however, after enabling VSYNC the game has stopped crashing. Hopefully this will help others having the same issue.

Message 86 of 97 (2,440 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just got this game thinking it might be fun to play, and well.... the same stuff is happening to me. I honestly can't believe this has been an issue for 2 years. this literally happens with any other game I have and I play BF V at ultra on 4K

I am running 

AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Nvidia RTX 2070
Samsung 970 Pro NVMe PCIe M.2 512GB
WD Blue 1TB (2015)
G.SKILL Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB
MSI X470 GAMING PLUS

with nothing overclocked and all of it purchased and installed within the last couple months.

very disappointing this issue is still here

Message 87 of 97 (2,404 Views)

★ Novice

Quick update to my previous post: Even with Vsync on or with a frame limiter, the game would crash after some time; however, setting the graphics settings to medium as well seems to have resolved the crashing issues.

Message 88 of 97 (2,355 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem! My PC crashes and needs a restart. I even reinstalled all my drivers along with the game! WTH

Message 89 of 97 (2,173 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I talked with a support guy today.He told me to log into the origin app,on the bottom left corner click on your profile name and photo banner,select origin in-game from the submenus and then disable the origin in-game option.I am gonna try right now to play the game and will report back here soon enough

Message 90 of 97 (2,016 Views)