need for speed payback pc random crashes

by Deceptionsv

Original Post

Re: need for speed payback pc random crashes

★★★★ Novice

Runned the game for an hour no crash/reboot happen.I will test it again for more hours this week and report back here.

Message 91 of 97 (2,211 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem. After some digging i have come to realize that in nu case the problem was caused nu some melting protection feature which was interacting with some CPU microcoding. After a BIOS flash, the latest version being released specifically for this problem, everything runs great.

Hope this is usefull for others, as Wella.

Message 92 of 97 (2,046 Views)

★ Novice

I solved it disabling SMT from BIOS

I have Rizen 7 and Asus TUF motherboard

Good luck guys!

Message 93 of 97 (1,852 Views)

★★ Novice

I am so tired of * Origin software. I love so many EA games but have some many * issues it makes me want to through my PC out the window

How can a game crash an entire PC causing it so hard boot itself??? I also have issues with games minimising to desktop or Origina just popping up in the foreground with no prompt.

The best part is any response I have seen from EA is always the damn same "run a clean boot" * if you cant make a software that is stable and compatible with other NORMAL software what exactly are you spending all that money on? 

Message 94 of 97 (1,476 Views)

★★★ Newbie

havent played in like a year possibly. Had no issues before. Now I have the same issue as you guys... im guessing a windows update messed this up? Same hardware and everything else sooooo yeah. EA... update ur software to the times.

Message 95 of 97 (1,431 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Wow. Just wow. People still having this problem in 2020 wth a game from 2017. Absolutely ludicrous...

Message 96 of 97 (1,303 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same issues as 2021.

Message 97 of 97 (892 Views)