need for speed heat random crashes

by X0_Silver978_0X

Original Post

Accepted Solution

need for speed heat random crashes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Good morning,

I bought NFS Heat recently for my PC, but I can't play it.

I am on Windows 10 with the latest updates, I have an Nvidia 1070 and I updated its drivers.

The game crashes after 5/10 minutes since its launch.

I couldn't go through the first cutscene because the game crashes after or during it.

I wanted to refund the game to Origin, but I can't: if I knew this issue I would have bought it for the PS4.

What can I do to solve the problem? Someone else experienced the same issue?

Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 13 (8,859 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: need for speed heat random crashes

★★★ Novice

I solved my problem!

For everyone who will check this thread, I'll share how I fixed it.

I have an NVIDIA GTX 1070 and it was really weird that the game crashed after 10/15 minutes of gameplay.

The problem was in my BIOS: I have an ASUS motherboard and there was an "Overclock" option that was put on "Enabled", but when I switched it to "Automatic" all went well and the game never crashed again! :D

The solution was so simple, hope you fix your issues, bye!

View in thread

Message 8 of 13 (8,630 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Hello! I experience the same problem with the game(running low quality graphics in the game) ... it runs i can race and after 30 mins in game my pc starts heating too much and it shuts down instantly. Tried to clear the cache memory of origin from ProgramData and Appdata and still having this problem. Right now it froze the screen and i smashed the desk because it happened when i was racing while at night and i lost 30k fame points. Next thing to do is to install it with the dvd rom because i downloaded the game via origin and idk if that s the issue (had nfs payback and nfs 2015 and I didnt have this problem before)

Message 2 of 13 (8,816 Views)

★ Pro
@X0_Silver978_0X uninstall the game and get a refund don't bother buying it on ps4. Even on console the game crashes and/or gives errors. I have had many more issues with this game and it isn't fun to play because of it. Eventho this game is better than payback in gameplay the amount of problems is insane.
Message 3 of 13 (8,831 Views)

★★★ Expert

Hello @X0_Silver978_0X ! 

Have you tried to reinstall your game? 

It should be the first step.

Then check if your computer meets hardware requirements of the game.

Next you should make a Clean Boot 

You should also Clear Origin Cache 

If the steps above doesn't work go to your game folder and open EeasyAntiCheat_Setup.

Then choose Heat and run a repair.

Regards,

MadRedPirahna

Message 4 of 13 (8,804 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@P1ngU1222  Hello!

I am glad to know that I am not the only one with this issue...

I know how can be painful to see your progress being destroyed by a random crash Frown

Message 5 of 13 (8,757 Views)

★★★ Novice

@CapitanRoyon 

Hello!

Thank you for your help, I followed the steps you suggested me but my game keep crashing during the tutorial.

The only step I couldn't follow is the one that deals with the "EasyAntiCheat_Setup", because I haven't any file like that in my game folder.

I bought a game that I can't even play, I am disappointed Frown

Regards.

Message 6 of 13 (8,756 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Sjonny30 I have tried everything to get NFS Heat working, but it keep crashing randomly.

Probably, I'll follow what you said: I'll ask for a refund and invest on a different racing game.

Message 7 of 13 (8,748 Views)

★★★ Novice

I solved my problem!

For everyone who will check this thread, I'll share how I fixed it.

I have an NVIDIA GTX 1070 and it was really weird that the game crashed after 10/15 minutes of gameplay.

The problem was in my BIOS: I have an ASUS motherboard and there was an "Overclock" option that was put on "Enabled", but when I switched it to "Automatic" all went well and the game never crashed again! :D

The solution was so simple, hope you fix your issues, bye!

Message 8 of 13 (8,631 Views)

★★ Novice

I think it is funny that EA will not except responsability that the game is the problem, I have spent the last two days going between EA and Microsoft after have the game crash enough times that it crashed my windows intallation. I had to have a tech fom Lenovo come out do a check on my system just to make sure no Hardware was damaged and reinstall the OS, then I had to have microsoft scrub through my system remotely to tell me that there is nothing wrong and even after all that I tried a fresh install to find it still crashes after all that EA still says it is not the game causing the issue nevermind the fact that I have 70+ games on this system that run with no issue, they still say the game is not the issue.

Message 9 of 13 (8,408 Views)

★★ Novice

I have also tried that but the game still continues to crash, when I contacted microsoft they tried to run the game and found that something in the game code is causing the problem my System is more than capable of handling the gamebut it continues to crash.

My Specs:

windows 10 home 64 bit version 1909

Intel i9-9900k CPU 3.60GHz

32GB Ram

SSD HDD

Nvidia RTX 2080Ti

DirectX 12

Message 10 of 13 (8,403 Views)