Re: my game is utterly broken

by proxos666

Original Post

my game is utterly broken

★★★ Newbie

Honestly, I don't know what to do, no matter what i try, my launcher keeps getting the "This application has encountered an unspecified error. Please try this patch again." error message, I've tried restarting my computer, I've tried redownloading the launcher, I've tried just about every solution on the forums, and since this is my first time playing the game, i have no access to any support from EA, which is utterly stupid. The launcher hasn't been able to download a single bit of data, and honestly, if no one can help, I have my final reason to never give EA any of my time or money ever again. If anyone has any idea what to do, be my guest to try and fix this issue.

Message 1 of 4 (393 Views)

@Awesome_Cubes

There is this help guide , if that doesnt help then switching patch methods per this link is a 100% fix, it is just a new game download initially.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 4 (386 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've already tried both of those methods, neither worked after multiple attempts.

Message 3 of 4 (362 Views)

@Awesome_Cubes

Unspecified error is impossible with non streaming launcher , ensure the launcher is not running when editing the launcher.setting file

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 4 of 4 (359 Views)