Re: mileswin crash

by PhazurR

Original Post

mileswin crash

★★★★ Novice

Seems like i might have posted on the wrong subforum.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Mileswin-Crashing-gone-to-far/td-p/8019398

Could someone please help me with the above?

//Baby

Message 1 of 6 (554 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@HilariousBabyTTV 

Hey, may I know what motherboard you have?

Message 2 of 6 (547 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@PhazurR Hi, i have a
Asustek
MAXIMUS V Gene
Message 3 of 6 (532 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@HilariousBabyTTV 

Okay I haven't seen the error before so I'll try to help you by giving a good amount of potential fixes that might work for you. 

I assume all your hardware and Windows are up-to-date;

Could you try disabling Origin Overlay and Nvidia Overlay? 

Have you tried locking your FPS to for example 75, just to see if that changes anything? Put command ''+fps_max 75'' into Apex Legends' launch options

Have you tried disabling all other sound devices besides the one you're using? (1. You can open Run (Windows button+R), enter the control 'mmsys.cpl,,0' command into Run, and click/tap on OK to open Playback devices) (2. In the Playback tab, right click on your sound output device (ex: speakers), click on Disable, and click on OK.) Now do the same on the ''input'' tab.

If you don't know how to do any of these, let me know

Message 4 of 6 (523 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@PhazurR Everything is up-to-date.
Always play with origin and nvidia's overlay disabled.
All of the other sound devices are disabled, the only ones active are the ones in use.
Message 5 of 6 (505 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

And did you try locking your fps as well?

Did you install/uninstall or change anything major lately, right before the issue came back?

I read the other post that you linked and I found it very interesting that you said that reinstalling Windows did the trick for you. But I can't wrap my head around why the problems came back after a month.. It makes no sense

Because of that I think it's smart to focus more on potential fixes that are windows-related. Could you maybe try this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o... 

Why I think it might work is because to some extent it's going to do the same as reinstalling Windows, but way less hassle

Message 6 of 6 (492 Views)