microphone won't work in-game

by halfcourtD

Original Post

microphone won't work in-game

★ Novice

My microphone for apex doesn't seem to be recognized even though the test feature seems to be working in Origin.  I scoured the forums and tried tons of things.  Changed privacy, defaults, re-installed drivers, changed usb ports, re-installed origin, re-installed apex.  Nothing.  Works fine with all other applications.  I honestly can't think of anything else to try.

I will say I am running an AMD FX 6300 and I have to stop and re-start windows audio every time I launch the game to prevent it from crashing.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 5 (223 Views)

Re: microphone won't work in-game

★★★★ Novice

someone got solution?

Message 2 of 5 (200 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey there!!

The answer is no once u stop and re start the services the game wont let u use the mic again until u restart the game and DONT stop the service, is not the mic drivers or usb ports, idk what it is but i can tell u is in most cases with FX-6xxx series users.

So we r screw until they find a solution.

Hardware
CPU: FX-6300
GPU: RX 460 2 GB
Ram: 8 GB
HDD: SDD 2TBS

Message 3 of 5 (189 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

What is your Audio Device ??

If it's a USB headset your answer is clear ditch it and use something other than the craptastic headset USB audio chipsets those things are rubbish on $350 let alone $50 ones, Just saying..

Since you're on the FX Disabling the Cores trick

create a .txt file put this inside 

echo on
start /affinity f %1

rename the .txt file to .bat  drag the Apex Legends shortcut onto the batch file it will start with 4 cores I believe f is the hex entry neede to use 1 - 4 cores.

Message 4 of 5 (171 Views)

★★★★ Novice
This working ,game isnt crashing anymore and mic is working.
BUT i have another problem xD my mouse lagging in game af
Message 5 of 5 (165 Views)