mass effect: andromeda won't launch

by ThatMoku

Original Post

Re: mass effect: andromeda won't launch

★★ Apprentice

@Delgorath wrote:

3 things I see straight off.  Windows update failures.  Corsair Link and CAM, both of which can cause issues. 

I have tried with Corsair Link and CAM uninstalled but it still won't launch. Windows all up to date.

Message 81 of 226 (1,793 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Try running this http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Diagnostic-Tool/m-p/6077019#U6077019

Might be worth looking at your event log errors see if anything jumps out. 

Message 82 of 226 (1,780 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Delgorath wrote:

Try running this http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Diagnostic-Tool/m-p/6077019#U6077019

A few event errors with MS Edge is all it's showing, I'm at a loss. Thank you for all your help.

Message 83 of 226 (1,756 Views)

★★★ Pro

@DJTaranis wrote:

@Delgorath wrote:

A few event errors with MS Edge is all it's showing, I'm at a loss. Thank you for all your help.

Its a longshot, but i did notice patch 1.07 seemed to do something with  vcredist 2015 x86 while it was updating my machine, so i would say, if all else fails try doing a fresh install or repair of this?

Seems like you've had a go at most other things... one more shot can't harm.

Message 84 of 226 (1,748 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Skauron wrote:

@DJTaranis wrote:

@Delgorath wrote:

Its a longshot, but i did notice patch 1.07 seemed to do something with  vcredist 2015 x86 while it was updating my machine, so i would say, if all else fails try doing a fresh install or repair of this?

Seems like you've had a go at most other things... one more shot can't harm.

Have tried that one already too Frown Has to be something with the game, Titanfall 2, BF1, Forza H3 and every other game I've tried work flawlessly. 

Message 85 of 226 (1,732 Views)

★★★ Pro

does the properties for the masseffectandromeda.exe show any compatibility modes?  are any set for it?  i had a game once that had a compatibility mode enabled in the .exe and i had to tweak it somewhat to make that game run.

btw... C:\ProgramData\Origin\Logs has some mass effect andromeda related log files in it, and process monitor highlighted that folder for me when i was monitoring my system on launch of ME:A   there is also a html file that you can open to see if its reporting your license file as being good too.

anything.. better than nothing.  I sooooooo want to find out what the sweet spot is for the launching of ME:A so that i can pass on the info to others.

Message 86 of 226 (1,730 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@Skauron wrote:

does the properties for the masseffectandromeda.exe show any compatibility modes?  are any set for it?  i had a game once that had a compatibility mode enabled in the .exe and i had to tweak it somewhat to make that game run.

btw... C:\ProgramData\Origin\Logs has some mass effect andromeda related log files in it, and process monitor highlighted that folder for me when i was monitoring my system on launch of ME:A   there is also a html file that you can open to see if its reporting your license file as being good too.

anything.. better than nothing.  I sooooooo want to find out what the sweet spot is for the launching of ME:A so that i can pass on the info to others

Just tried to launch the game again, licence signature is good, last online activation 23/05/2017 at 20:48:41GMT. Here is the client log for that, maybe someone would be kind enough to take a look at it as I don't know what to be looking for in it, thanks.

Message 87 of 226 (1,727 Views)

★★★ Pro

Here attached is my file of the same name for comparison.  I have no problems connecting and playing.

Sometimes just having a look at the behaviour of a working client log is a good way of seeing if you are seeing strange errors.  as you can see i get errors in mine so some errors are probably quite normal.

Message 88 of 226 (1,693 Views)

@DJTaranis

The problem is that there is nothing in the log-files that would explain the error right away. 

Please deactivate the Origin cloud save features > restart Origin > test.

If that don't works, move the "Save" folder from "Documents\Bioware\Mass Effect Andromeda" to your  desktop. > test. (do not enable cloud saves again before you tried this)

Did you tried with a different Windows user account?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 89 of 226 (1,685 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@holger1405 wrote:

@DJTaranis

The problem is that there is nothing in the log-files that would explain the error right away. 

Please deactivate the Origin cloud save features > restart Origin > test.

If that don't works, move the "Save" folder from "Documents\Bioware\Mass Effect Andromeda" to your  desktop. > test. (do not enable cloud saves again before you tried this)

Did you tried with a different Windows user account?

No luck, tried different Win user account and local mode and still nothing. Just after getting an update down for Origin too so that is up to date also.

Message 90 of 226 (1,672 Views)