mass effect: andromeda won't launch

by ThatMoku

Original Post

Re: mass effect: andromeda won't launch

★★ Novice

Reinstalled Windows 10, same username, launched Origin and NOTHING.

Created a new administrator account, launched Origin and IT WORKED! 

Moved my files to the new account and now everything works. Somehow by using the same account name as before even when reinstalling Windows didn't work. Had to use a different username. Weird!

Message 61 of 226 (1,419 Views)

★★★ Pro

In the absence of any information from EA support about this kind of stuff, its pure guesswork why a different user account name would have fixed it.  Perhaps a user name was embedded somewhere in your online profile.   We have no info from EA as to what if any information is stored within Origin.  The main thing is you are fixed.

Message 62 of 226 (1,406 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Might have picked up the ntuser.dat file from the old account. 

Message 63 of 226 (1,386 Views)

★★★ Novice

I posted this a couple pages back but I didn't see if anyone tried it yet. I have the same problem (after every patch) and this is what I did to resolve it.

You need to set Origin to offline mode, launch the game which will ask you to sign in and activate the license, the game should launch in offline mode, now exit the game, go back to Origin and set it back to Online mode. You should be able to launch the game normally now.

I have had this same problem with previous Origin games (Battlefield 4 and Hardline) I hope this works for you.

I spent over 2 hours with Origin support and not 1 of the 5 different techs could help me out. I use to never have a problem with Origin but lately this * has been the cause of so many headaches.

Good Luck!

Message 64 of 226 (1,376 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@ShXIII wrote:

I posted this a couple pages back but I didn't see if anyone tried it yet. I have the same problem (after every patch) and this is what I did to resolve it.

You need to set Origin to offline mode, launch the game which will ask you to sign in and activate the license, the game should launch in offline mode, now exit the game, go back to Origin and set it back to Online mode. You should be able to launch the game normally now.

I have had this same problem with previous Origin games (Battlefield 4 and Hardline) I hope this works for you.

I spent over 2 hours with Origin support and not 1 of the 5 different techs could help me out. I use to never have a problem with Origin but lately this * has been the cause of so many headaches.

Good Luck!

Didn't work for me Frown

Message 65 of 226 (1,351 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@DJTaranisCant see anywhere you have posted a problem?

Message 66 of 226 (1,342 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Delgorath wrote:

@johnindbz

Can you turn off the Corsair Engine Utility.  Its supposedly been fixed but it might help

Just tried that, no luck. thanks though Standard smile

Message 67 of 226 (1,340 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I'm wondering if its worth deleting the Origin cache.

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin
Message 68 of 226 (1,331 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Delgorath wrote:

@DJTaranisCant see anywhere you have posted a problem?

I have posted previously on this thread and elsewhere on the forum???

Message 69 of 226 (1,314 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Can you post a Dxdiag ...

Message 70 of 226 (1,304 Views)