mass effect: andromeda won't launch

by ThatMoku

Original Post

Re: mass effect: andromeda won't launch

[ Edited ]

@Moonstone345

Official EA help is here.....Use the chat option, with firefox browser and no ad or pop blockers

The forum which they will try to link you back to is this area you posted in and is a player to player help forum..

Those of us here are usually pretty good at getting things to work if it is possible, so if you post info on issue we may can help you with it.  I like the post in dragon age inquisition forum about needed info better than the one at the top of this forum...https://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/How-to-post-the-relevant-info-when-you-create-a-que...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 151 of 226 (1,771 Views)

★★ Novice
The problem was an out of date drive, thx for the help
Message 152 of 226 (1,765 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have done almost everything to fix Andromeda. Whenever I press play it opens up to a black screen and I can't see my mouse at all and nothing happens. Ive tried to change the language from US (English) to UK (English) and that doesnt seem to work, reinstalling doesn't work, and repairing doesn't work. Please help

Message 153 of 226 (1,546 Views)

@jacksoen119

If you want help, we need info...at least a DxDiag post.  See the sticky at top of this forum if you need directions.  Black screen and nothing else??  Does it stay open or close out??  Are you running Anti-virus??  What kind of firewall are you running??  Have you whitelisted MEA, Origin in them??  Is your hardware up to specs??  Drivers?? 

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 154 of 226 (1,541 Views)

★ Novice

I've done that and it still doesn't launch

Message 155 of 226 (1,227 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Ltlefty13117; You've provided none of the information asked for, so not much we can do to help you.

Message 156 of 226 (1,210 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Windows defender security center, all the top layer stuff is fine.

But under exploit protection there are some options that can conflict with the game 

and some other programs.

I have gone through the defender settings, turning each one off then restarting the pc.

With some settings intact, origin loads slower and my games can take a few more seconds to load.

Defender exploit protection that MSA worked, off;; cfg,force random images alsr, sehop, validate heap integrity, 

all other options, on.

Message 157 of 226 (1,060 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem and this is how I fixed it.
Open task manager(ctrl + alt + delete) and then type mass effect andromeda, once you see the icon just click on end task and that's it. Once you have ended the task just open the game again and it should work. I hope this helps you

Message 158 of 226 (1,017 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I wanted to post what finally fixed this issue for me. I recently started playing Mass Effect Andromeda when 11 hours in my gpu died causing a BSOD and crashing my main HD as well. I replaced both pieces of hardware after which I reinstalled Windows 7 Pro and proceeded to install drivers and such. This is when I discovered MEA would no longer launch. ActivationUI.exe would run but the games exe itself would never launch.

I spent a week searching posts like this and talking to EA support. They ran me through the usuall Tech support 101 stuff but the issue left them with no solutions. Fast forward a day and I found my physical copy and installed it after removing the origin copy. It launched and played fine! So I tried starting the origin download again and allowed it long enough to create the install directory. I then paused the download and copied the files from my physical copy's install folder into the one origin made. Resumed the download and let it finish and no the origin copy of MEA launches like normal.

Message 159 of 226 (976 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Is there a confirmed solution to this? Decided to start up ME:A this past weekend and was struck by this issue for the first time.. I believe I've launched the game successfully long after the patch that is mentioned here. 

Message 160 of 226 (592 Views)