by katero01

Original Post

mass effect andromeda freezing at launch but audio continues

★★★★ Novice

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:PC
What edition do you have? Deluxe Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug the game freezes and gives a direct x 11 error at launch. I do not have any corsair software running.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? Always Happens
Please select your region North America
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds. 333.72 Mbps download 33.58 Mbps upload
What company provides your internet service? Cox
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? full info attached as txt file ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 3/20/2017, 11:36:12 Machine name: ONIICHAN Machine Id: {2FBA93B5-3912-45AA-89D5-B785C511B289} Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release_inmarket.170303-1614) Language: English (Regional Setting: English) System Manufacturer: System manufacturer System Model: System Product Name BIOS: 0801 Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz Memory: 32768MB RAM Available OS Memory: 32706MB RAM Page File: 5635MB used, 31935MB available Windows Dir: C:\Windows DirectX Version: DirectX 12 DX Setup Parameters: Not found User DPI Setting: Using System DPI System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent) DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled Miracast: Available, with HDCP Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported DxDiag Version: 10.00.14393.0000 64bit Unicode
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? nvidia zotac gtx 1070 amp extreme
Please enter memory size in GB. 32gb of system ram 8gb gddr5 of vram on gpu

the game freezes and gives a direct x 11 error at launch game audio continues. per the known issues I checked and I do not have any corsair software running. The start screen opens and freezes then I get the direct x error message. games has to be closed using task manager. all system hardware drivers updated on 3/19/2017 with the latest drivers and issue still persists.

reboots driver updates and closing all other applications does not correct this issue

Message 1 of 4 (954 Views)

Re: mass effect andromeda freezing at launch but audio continues

★★★★★ Newbie

I had the exact same problem. It is really funny because I was able to play the trial but cannot play now even after updating drivers

Message 2 of 4 (934 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It happens to me too, but not at lunch, just in the long dialogs and some cutscenes. This renders the game unplayable, I can't even get the tempest because the game crashes while talking with the Salarian pilot :S

Message 3 of 4 (886 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem, but appears when i'm playing at the beginning of the game, when I sit in the monorail. But my video is GTX 670

Message 4 of 4 (873 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help