[Old Report] Mass Effect Andromeda wont open after new patch

by Devils_Cruelty

Original Post

Re: mass effect Andromeda wont open after new patch

@Aislynn5645

What is exactly happening when you try to start the game?

Please create a DxDiag in text file format, also go to your Reliability monitor (Press the windows key and "R" at the same time and copy or type "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in > ENTER and look if it has MEA entries.

If yes double click at the last one, copy it to the clipboard, (Bottom left corner) save it to a text file and load it up together with the DxDiag. You can do that with the "choose file" button at the bottom right corner of the reply window.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 581 of 625 (1,361 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Old ME fan, per-ordered and played from day 1 through all the sh*t until patches started fixing the game. I still love the game but now, hearing that there will be no more support from EA after a patch that broke the game? I had the same problem as many others here but I'm an old man with old habits and messing around without following stupid suggestion like frakin' my file systems is an old habit. I could get the game to run after a verify/repair... after control-alt-del, starting task manager and alt-tabbing. The game window was there in, well, windowed mode. I could change to borderless windowed and it would work but fullscreen would get me back to the blinking black screen of death!

I'll just uninstall/reinstall the game and hope it fix the fullscreen b/s that EA has given us with this final patch. Stupid Bioware, they had to be corrupted by EA? Only reason Bioware got great was because there was no EA controlling them, up to DA:Origins. After that is a landslide of horrors. Long Live CDPR and The Witcher 4 that will come out someday. TW3? Best game ever made! Suck it up, Canadians! You don't know how to "Polish" a game!

Message 582 of 625 (1,321 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Yep. Reinstalling did nothing. I still can play "bordeless windowed" which is similar to fullscreen but I must say that when EA gets things done wrong, they really excel at it!

If there is some solution that let me play the game in FULLSCREEN again, please let me know.

Message 583 of 625 (1,311 Views)

★★ Novice

Your post didn't solve anything. My Mass Effect Andromedia stopped playing after the last update.  I get a black screen and have to reboot my computer. Before the update, I played for over 400 hours. What are you going to do to fix this?

Message 584 of 625 (1,029 Views)

@letthedawgout

Maybe if you post some info such as a DxDiag, then some of your fellow gamers here may can help you trouble shoot your issue.  If you want official ea help, then you need to go back to the official site with EA advisors and choose the chat with an advisor option.  Most common cause of game not running isn't something EA did, but is instead related to another program interfering with your game running, such as Razor software or AVG/Avast causing issues.

As a note:  EA has disbanded the Bioware studio who made MEA, and discontinued all single player patching and is only doing basic milking the multiplayer stuff with a skeleton crew of programmers.  If you are expecting a new patch to fix stuff with the game, then you are out of luck, EA considers this game a failure and is washing their hands of it....which is really sad since with a little more effort and a better run studio, it could have been a great game instead of just a good on that it is.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 585 of 625 (1,022 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@letthedawgout;  You're writing as if you were talking to BioWare, but the AHQ is for player-to-player technical support and game-play discussions.  We're all just fellow gamers, doin' the best we can.

Most common cause of the problem you describe is using AVG or Avast a/v.  Even if things worked previously, any update to the game, the a/v program, or Windows itself can result in a black screen when trying to load MEA if you have one of those POS a/v programs.

Message 586 of 625 (1,018 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Nothing works for me. VC redist updated, or reinstalled using the ones in the game's folder. Tried to repair the game and remove (with backup I'm no fool) the save folder. Nothing too. When trying yo launch my game in offline mode, prompt to register my game.

Problem is; I've bought my game in deluxe version through Origin in 2016 (proof available if necessary), so nowhere to find any serial key (Oops).

How can I replay to this game ? It worked fine before my change of graphics card and monitor. Can this be the cause ?

Edit> More details on my config:

- Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium

- 16 GB RAM

- Radeon RX 480 8GB Crimson Relive! 17.3.3

- Monitor connected in DP 144HZ FreeSync

The two last elements were changed after I paused playing my game, I wonder if this game "thinks" of a new config ... Before the last patch, my game worked pretty well though.

Message 587 of 625 (1,008 Views)

@benmc20

You said alot in your post, but you didn't really give any good info to try and help you.

How about posting a DxDiag file, how about telling us EXACTLY what is happening, because other than telling us it doesn't work, you don't really say, and how about telling us about the registering the game prompt??  I ask about the prompt because you shouldn't ever have to register the game except with Origin to play it, leading me to believe the issue is with Origin/MEA talking to each other....but again, you don't really tell what the issue is.

May try clearing origin cache...

Or uninstall Origin and reinstall it......

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 588 of 625 (981 Views)

★★★ Novice

In the same boat, decided to play the game after not having done so in a while, so fired up origin and re-installed.  Game won't launch.  Tried all suggestions and nothing works. Every single other game on the system works fine.  

Message 589 of 625 (559 Views)

@Flexo_3370318

Ok, what exactly does it do when you try to play??  How about a DxDiag file to see if anything shows in one.  Have you set exclusions for Anti-virus??  Are you running Razor products software??  TeamSpeak??  More info and we can maybe start....When trying to fix a computer issue, most often less is NOT more....lol...

Message 590 of 625 (556 Views)