[Old Report] Mass Effect Andromeda wont open after new patch

by Devils_Cruelty

Original Post

Re: mass effect Andromeda wont open after new patch

@Maedhros09

That your users and groups module in computer management isn't there is strange.

Run > Netplwiz > should bring you to the overview of user accounts. You could create a new user there and add him to the Administrator group afterwards.

Run > MMC > will allow you to create a user specified computer management console. (Saving it to "C:\Windows\System32" with a specific name will allow you to access it over "Run"

However, the commands you did run should be sufficient.

This is a very complicated problem. All what we did and what you did before, should have brought us to a solution.

The only real way forward I see is to rule out one possible error source after another.

You have sufficient space on your D: and E: drive to create a 30GB partition for a second Windows 10 installation.

A second installation could tell us if the error is within Windows (Registry ecetera.)  You only would (and should) need to install Windows (and all updates), the most important drivers and Origin.

You can access the already existing Andromeda installation from the new Windows installation, so you wouldn't have to download the game again.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 621 of 625 (1,477 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@holger1405 Hey friend! Just wanted to let you know that a huge windows update has released and it happened to fix my Andromeda issue. Haha it's launching and running perfectly fine now! This helps show this was definitely something in Windows. Thanks for all your help!

Message 622 of 625 (1,430 Views)

@Maedhros09

Good to hear! Have fun gaming.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 623 of 625 (1,418 Views)

★★ Novice

No they are not kidding you. They just don't give a s**t.

Message 624 of 625 (829 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I FOUND A SOLUTION.
Haven't read this entire thread but searched Google, EA, Steam, and Reddit after I was having launch issues with Mass Effect Andromeda (MEA) and Tales of Arise on my PC.

My issue on MEA is that I would launch the game and get a black screen. Very rarely I would be able to get into the game menu but after selecting the multiplayer option I would get stuck in black screen with the white and red wheels loading and nothing would ever happen after this.

In Tales of Arise I could not get past the little window talking about the auto save feature.

I tried deleting the .exe files, uninstalling the game, verifying files and all the other garbage that was posted. THE SOLUTION IS I have a headset plugged into my audio jack of the computer so I can use the microphone on Helldivers 2. I unplugged the headset from the audio jack and plugged it back into the Dolby 7.1 surround sound connector via USB which allows me to hear audio but I cannot use the headset microphone now. After doing this both MEA and Tales of Arise both launch normally with no issues.

Basically swap your headset, try a Bluetooth headset or anything via USB. Disconnect your microphone or anything in your audio jack on the PC.

It may sound like something to blow off but just give it a try, Its too simple to just scroll past.

Let me know if this worked for you!

Message 625 of 625 (189 Views)