Re: mass effect Andromeda wont open after new patch

by Aggiea

Original Post

★ Apprentice

I supposed I'm in the 5% that these fixes don't fix for. I tried both solutions, and still unable to get the game to launch.

Message 431 of 625 (817 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's a shame that the game still isn't fixed yet. Hopefully Bioware/EA drop a new patch soon that will fix whatever it is that is broke. Or at least give us a Patch 1.04 roll back. Bugs aside it was working then and I was enjoying it a lot more than the new patch that I can't even play now....

Message 432 of 625 (781 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah this is getting daft now.

I've tried everything in this thread and I'm still unable to launch after 20 hours of good gameplay.

Message 433 of 625 (772 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@JonoF101 wrote:

Yeah this is getting daft now.

I've tried everything in this thread and I'm still unable to launch after 20 hours of good gameplay.

Yeah. 40 hours for me. I was really getting hooked on the game.. Only reason I haven't asked for a refund yet is because I still hope they can fix it soon-ish..

Message 434 of 625 (760 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
For those whom have sent their email to me, EA is editing those messages and deleting you email addresses. Thus far, I have only managed to find one person on Steam and spent plenty of time guiding him through fixing the game. In the end, it worked out well. I don't run tech support for EA, and it seems they don't want me to help anyone via verbal communication. For us to communicate via steam is in no way violating EA's Terms and Conditions; however, providing me with your email may be against their rules.
Message 435 of 625 (731 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Aggiea

Amazing how people make assumptions , you know what they say ....

Email addresses as me@ISP.com are auto filtered to stop people posting there real email address on a open forum , it happens a lot ....

if need if they write as me at isp.com it should bypass the filter

EA cannot endorse you assisting players however if a player wants to ask you for assistance no matter how that assistance turns out it isn't something they are going to block.

In any case this is a Player helping Player forum as detailed at this link

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 436 of 625 (724 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@proxos666

You sir have clearly misunderstood me.

Pay more attention to my wording please.

I specifically said "seems".
Message 437 of 625 (705 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I could patch the broken patch and link you all to the download link; however, I will not do this without written permission from EA. The reason why I believe goes without saying.
Message 438 of 625 (702 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I haven't tested this yet, but give it a shot if you like.

Download the two applications here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53587

Delete both applications in this file directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect Andromeda\__Installer\vc\vc2015\redist

copy and paste the two downloaded applications here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect Andromeda\__Installer\vc\vc2015\redist (assuming you have windows installed to CStandard smile.

Delete both MAE launcher applications from this file folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect Andromeda

To ensure you have no MEA and Origin processes running, reboot your computer now.

After reboot is complete, start Origin, click on MEA, then click download. When complete, click play.

For fullscreen, windowed borderless mode works best as it does not force the refresh rate to the maximum your monitor supports among other reasons.

Message 439 of 625 (686 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Aggiea wrote:

I haven't tested this yet, but give it a shot if you like.

Download the two applications here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53587

Delete both applications in this file directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect Andromeda\__Installer\vc\vc2015\redist

copy and paste the two downloaded applications here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect Andromeda\__Installer\vc\vc2015\redist (assuming you have windows installed to CStandard smile.

Delete both MAE launcher applications from this file folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect Andromeda

To ensure you have no MEA and Origin processes running, reboot your computer now.

After reboot is complete, start Origin, click on MEA, then click download. When complete, click play.

For fullscreen, windowed borderless mode works best as it does not force the refresh rate to the maximum your monitor supports among other reasons.

Just tried this. Unfortunately, the same result as I normally have. Thanks, though.

Message 440 of 625 (644 Views)