Re: mass effect Andromeda wont open after new patch

by gitaarprofeet

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

You are very kind thankyou. I personally have sorted it out some time ago. I just feel that on principle this is extremely poor post launch support from a reputable company. It's great that people like you find time to help out others who may not be computer savvy but its beside the point. There should be a patch by now resolving these issues. 

Message 421 of 625 (1,062 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I'm still having this issue as well. I've tried all the fixes on this thread, including updating to Windows 10 and reinstalling the whole game, to no avail. 

I seem to have had two variations of the same problem. I started out with the issue where the game opened a black window which remained open indefinitely, and the ME:A process was still going in task manager even after I closed the window. I then updated my graphics driver, and now instead I have the issue where the game opens a black window which remains open for a few moments and then immediately closes; once it has closed there is no ME:A process open in task manager. Does anyone know which variant of the black window issue is associated with which problem? 

Message 422 of 625 (1,025 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@ema297 wrote:

I'm still having this issue as well. I've tried all the fixes on this thread, including updating to Windows 10 and reinstalling the whole game, to no avail. 

I seem to have had two variations of the same problem. I started out with the issue where the game opened a black window which remained open indefinitely, and the ME:A process was still going in task manager even after I closed the window. I then updated my graphics driver, and now instead I have the issue where the game opens a black window which remains open for a few moments and then immediately closes; once it has closed there is no ME:A process open in task manager. Does anyone know which variant of the black window issue is associated with which problem? 

Are you using ATI, or NVidia?

Message 423 of 625 (1,006 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Aggiea wrote:

@ema297 wrote:

AMD Radeon.

Message 424 of 625 (998 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@ema297 wrote:

@Aggiea wrote:

@ema297 wrote:

AMD Radeon.

You need to use AMDs driver cleanup utility, reboot then install driver 17.2.1

Ignore the games warning to not use that driver and use that driver anyway.

If the game does not work after that, it is not the video driver.

Message 425 of 625 (965 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Aggiea wrote:

@ema297 wrote:

@Aggiea wrote:

@ema297 wrote:

AMD Radeon.

You need to use AMDs driver cleanup utility, reboot then install driver 17.2.1

Ignore the games warning to not use that driver and use that driver anyway.

If the game does not work after that, it is not the video driver.

If you are using crossfire, you musy physically remove you secondary video card. Getting crossfire to work with this game is a huge pain. simply disabling crossfire in windows is not enough.

Message 426 of 625 (962 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

In apps and programs, don't uninstall the 2015 x64 and x86 C++. select the repair option in apps and features only. do not use the repair option withing MEA file folder.

Message 427 of 625 (964 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Good morning y'all,

Another day, another opportunity... And since E.A. still hasn't come up with any solution to their own mess, all that's left is to just keep trying to fix it ourselves. Here is my latest update...

This morning I noticed something weird in the games section of my AMD radeon. Somehow it created a gaming profile for an origin user number aside the already existing M.E.A. profile it had created when I first installed the game. With patch 1.05 the connection between the M.E.A. shortcut and Origin seemed to have been severed on my pc. I could only start Origin 'by hand'. Switching back and forth between both profiles somehow restored that connection partially and now if I use the 'start game' function from within the AMD interface, Origin starts up again (still not from the desktop shortcut however). The game itself however does not... I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what is causing this, but I do want to make sure my drivers are not the cause of the problem. So right now I am doing the AMD clean install utility thing and reinstalling the drivers just to make sure. And while I'm at it I am also reinstalling the latest windows drivers (creators update) since I tried a rollback last week. So all in all I'm basically trying the last workaround provided by Aggiea who seems to have become the last resort for all of us. Thx for that!

I'm not having very high hopes, but I will keep you all posted.

And of course, once again:

E.A. fix this thing! We are not going away just because you choose to ignore your own fanbase and paying customers! Be smart and realize that in the end this approach will cost more than it earns you!!! Every potential customer reading this thread or any other regarding issues with tech support and/or aftersales will probably not buy your products! 

Message 428 of 625 (871 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@Aggiea wrote:

If you are using crossfire, you musy physically remove you secondary video card. Getting crossfire to work with this game is a huge pain. simply disabling crossfire in windows is not enough.

Actually I was able to run (in borderless windowed, fullscreen won't work) without removing my other cards... if I try to run fullscreen I will get a hard lock with crossfire disabled and corruption with it enabled....

Also, cheers for your efforts on this, Aggiea! Been following the thread from the start, really nice of you to try and help everyone! Standard smile

Edit: Only got it working with Crimson 16.4.2

Message 429 of 625 (839 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Aggiea and all the rest of you,

I have given it my last shot today... Disabled game mode and dvr in windows 10 and did a clean uninstall of my AMD drivers. Rebooted and installed version 17.2.1.. Then deleted bot MEA .exe files only to discover that leaves me with no options to either download or repair the game (the only option given is a complete new download). The shortcut I found earlier was to first hit the updat button and then quickly remove the .exe files before Origing has checked those. The updat process then completed and put two new .exe files where the old ones had been. Then I repaired both visual C++ files and tried to run the game.... Still nothing. Sync to cloud, play button lights back up and nothing happens. 

I cannot think of a single more thing to do here so I'm calling in the troops (that means Aggiea) if they are still willing to help... 

For anyone else feeling like crying at this point... GOOD LUCK!!!

Message 430 of 625 (827 Views)