Re: mass effect Andromeda wont open after new patch

by Kondaru

Original Post

★★ Novice

This is the issue I have.

The load screen just sits there. Have tried offline and run as admin but no difference. CPU usage is up to 99% while trying to load.

Was working fine until this morning. Was working with 1.05 patch installed for a couple of days but  not now.

Will wait for a specific fix for this I suppose but it is pretty poor from EA/Origin not to acknowledge the issue.

Message 251 of 625 (1,275 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Chapon2 wrote:

@Kondaru wrote:

@Chapon2 wrote:

@sammaa wrote:

What Bioware or EA would do is go out with information something like,

"We understand there is a problem with our latest patch, we ask you to apologize for this and we are working hard to solve this problem we ask you to be patient, and of course, we will compensate you all in some way for this extended failure "

It would not have been needed more than that to calm many of us and confirm that they atleast are doing something about it. I would have accepted such an explanation and apology.

But the problem is that especially that missing dll is not EA fault but users fault. If someone, like me, turned automatic updates off (they started to take several hours to even find them in Win 7, maybe a bad joke to force me to Win 10) then it can happen that something sometime may not work. I got that error too, Googled a solution as it is a pretty common problem with C++ 2015, installed the missing KB and have been enjoying the game as it finaly does not use up to 80% of my CPU.

Hardly. If it is C++ issue than game/patch installer should make sure that missing C++ installs correctly at the same time that patch is applied.

Installer can not check if you have or do not have a Windows update from 2015. See a few post above. Another person needed the KB2999226....

This is a good point...make sure your version of windows is up to date. That missing DLL is part of an api set that is part of the Windows OS. Make sure you have all the .net framework updates and that its all current. Also make sure you get the C++ 2015 from microsoft. The version that came with the patch is archaic. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads These are the latest versions

Message 252 of 625 (1,237 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Never had the problem, and I am usually keeping my rig up-to-date... But isn't it so that without KB2999226 VC++ 2015 should not install at all? I mean, if patch *does* apply VC++ 2015, and installation process goes wrong, shouldn't there be some message like "Visual C++ 2015 installation unsuccessful, patch cannot be applied"?

Message 253 of 625 (1,231 Views)

★ Novice

For those, whom are having the issue where it refuses to open at all, I.E. where task manager shows nothing. I recommend cancelling the cloud sync before it finishes when you launch the game. Try launching again after this and it should work. At least this is what fixed the issue for me.

Message 254 of 625 (1,175 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi everyone.
Just post this message to said a few things.

1/ ME : A ver 1.0 worked fine, 30 hours of gameplay, then patch 1.05 crash my game. I didn't (at least i tried to not )care about bugs. Now, i cant even play.

2/ I tried ALL the solutions given in this thread, nothing works (i'm on win 7-Pro 64bits). Since the first version worked fine, i assume this patch is bull***t.
And you, EA and Bioware, don't even answer us (in this thread or on Twitter) OR at least, give us the possibility to roll back to vers. 1.0.

3/ I wont touch your game untill next patch, tell all the people that ask me how despicable your compagny is with their clients (EA won title of "Worst company in america" a few time if i remember)

4/ YOU made me buy Overwatch (dont expect me to buy anything else from EA). 

Have a good day. 

Message 255 of 625 (1,140 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The game patch/installer fails to correctly install c + + 2015. The game and the installer both have problems on Windows 10.

Message 256 of 625 (1,104 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Try installing c++2015 64 bit manually on Windows 10. C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect Andromeda\__Installer\vc\vc2015\redist (file path). vc_redistx64 (executable name). It will fail! Thank you EA.......your recommended video driver fails too!

Message 257 of 625 (1,124 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It work great!!! Standard smile Thank you MAN

Message 258 of 625 (1,273 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Downloading visual C++ 2015 64 bit from Microsoft's website https://download.microsoft.com/download/6/D/F/6DF3FF94-F7F9-4F0B-838C-A328D1A7D0EE/vc_redist.x64.exe then launching the executable file will open a window with the option to repair the installation. Click to repair the installation, then launch the game and you will notice your CPU usage during gameplay drop by about half. 

Message 259 of 625 (1,118 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

If you are running the game in 4K resolution, the game frame-rate will suffer. Leave the game in 4K and the graphics scaling option turned on to Auto-1080p and the the frame-rate will go up. 

Message 260 of 625 (1,110 Views)