Re: mass effect Andromeda wont open after new patch

by kirazira

Original Post

★ Apprentice

"kibaszottID wrote:

I was able to fix the "api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0. is missing" problem thanks to a youtube commenter named uppermostking02. As it was metioned here a windows update was required that is not included in the standard updates for some reason, at least not for windows 8.1 in my case. Anyway, here is the solution:

"finally figured out how to get this to work on win 8.1 so frustrating. first thing you're going to want to do is uninstall visual c++ 2015 completely restart your computer. and then go to control panel go to all control panel items go to Windows update in the control panel go to change settings and then enable never check for updates. restart your computer and then go to this website https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226 and download x86 or x64 install it then restart pc. then install visual c++ 2015 restart your computer . and then you're done it's fixed I hope this helps because this problem was a nightmare. at least for me. works for Windows 8.1 most likely will work on all operating systems from Microsoft."

Also the link to the video he commented on, scroll down a bit find his comment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gGENDdaKEA"

Kirazira thank you very much but allready try it and no solution. Perhaps this works only on 8.1. I  am using Win 7 64bit. 

Frown

I am very disapointed. 3 days passed and no comment from E.A. They also withdraw the highlighted yellow solution they had on top of the page. I preorder the game 5 months before release, only to play 4 days. Now i have almost 50GBs of space occupied and doing nothnig. Not mention that i lost almost 100GBs of bandwith (when tried to install it for a second time as E.A mention..)

On conclusion, as i said in a previous post, why DIY walkarounds?I paid 60 euros for the game. I demand E.A. find a solution and fast.

One more comment.I suggest to people NOT play with C++ and all DIY solutions who suggest other people. Every PC is different so its not necessery that something that worked on you, will work on me. For example, since i "touched" C++ Dragon Age Inquisition stop reposding. After launch returnes to origin interface...So the one trouble (this with missing dll of Andromeda) became 2 (i have to fix inquisition also....). Sorry for my poor english.

Message 231 of 625 (1,269 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I keep seeing people say "delete your C++" file, but which one? There are like eight of them. All?

Message 232 of 625 (1,239 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@aeroporos99 wrote:

@"kibaszottID wrote:

I was able to fix the "api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0. is missing" problem thanks to a youtube commenter named uppermostking02. As it was metioned here a windows update was required that is not included in the standard updates for some reason, at least not for windows 8.1 in my case. Anyway, here is the solution:

"finally figured out how to get this to work on win 8.1 so frustrating. first thing you're going to want to do is uninstall visual c++ 2015 completely restart your computer. and then go to control panel go to all control panel items go to Windows update in the control panel go to change settings and then enable never check for updates. restart your computer and then go to this website https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226 and download x86 or x64 install it then restart pc. then install visual c++ 2015 restart your computer . and then you're done it's fixed I hope this helps because this problem was a nightmare. at least for me. works for Windows 8.1 most likely will work on all operating systems from Microsoft."

Also the link to the video he commented on, scroll down a bit find his comment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gGENDdaKEA"

Kirazira thank you very much but allready try it and no solution. Perhaps this works only on 8.1. I  am using Win 7 64bit. 

Frown

I am very disapointed. 3 days passed and no comment from E.A. They also withdraw the highlighted yellow solution they had on top of the page. I preorder the game 5 months before release, only to play 4 days. Now i have almost 50GBs of space occupied and doing nothnig. Not mention that i lost almost 100GBs of bandwith (when tried to install it for a second time as E.A mention..)

On conclusion, as i said in a previous post, why DIY walkarounds?I paid 60 euros for the game. I demand E.A. find a solution and fast.

One more comment.I suggest to people NOT play with C++ and all DIY solutions who suggest other people. Every PC is different so its not necessery that something that worked on you, will work on me. For example, since i "touched" C++ Dragon Age Inquisition stop reposding. After launch returnes to origin interface...So the one trouble (this with missing dll of Andromeda) became 2 (i have to fix inquisition also....). Sorry for my poor english.

Yep I agree. I  am using Win 7 64bit as well. I am in the same boat my friend.

Btw on a side note your English is fine bud.

Message 233 of 625 (1,222 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

FWIW, reporting that I had the second kind of issue (non-fullscreen black app window with associated high CPU load), and a just repairing the exe files did not help. However a complete reinstall fixed my game.

Message 234 of 625 (1,220 Views)

★★★ Novice

my guy the game still does not work I have tried everything I'm just gonna get the first release from pirate bay other people should just do the name * ea and bioware I'm not paying money for any of their games anymore should have to pay money for a game breaking updates like this and there trying to sell * dlc hahaha to funny

Message 235 of 625 (1,220 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Agree. Even if they were fixing the game, not communicating only increases our frustration level.

Mods, at the very least take the time to compile the various symptoms leading to a game not working. It is obvious from this thread there is more than one cause, even if the end results is the same. Some of us couldn't authenticate to the DRM server. Others had missing files or seemingly corrupt downloads AND the repair didn't quite work, so the file signatures may not be alright either. But if it is there not a proper list of symptoms everyone ends up trying everything and that might actually make it worse not to mention make it even more frustrating.

Would other DRM installed on a system cause this? The AV? Faulty/overloaded server on your end? It is not our job to find out.

But, you know, letting us know you are working on it may help ease the pain.

Message 236 of 625 (1,191 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What Bioware or EA would do is go out with information something like,

"We understand there is a problem with our latest patch, we ask you to apologize for this and we are working hard to solve this problem we ask you to be patient, and of course, we will compensate you all in some way for this extended failure "

It would not have been needed more than that to calm many of us and confirm that they atleast are doing something about it. I would have accepted such an explanation and apology.

Message 237 of 625 (1,166 Views)

★★★ Novice

2015 64bit but not working for me

Message 238 of 625 (1,122 Views)

★ Guide

@sammaa wrote:

What Bioware or EA would do is go out with information something like,

"We understand there is a problem with our latest patch, we ask you to apologize for this and we are working hard to solve this problem we ask you to be patient, and of course, we will compensate you all in some way for this extended failure "

It would not have been needed more than that to calm many of us and confirm that they atleast are doing something about it. I would have accepted such an explanation and apology.

But the problem is that especially that missing dll is not EA fault but users fault. If someone, like me, turned automatic updates off (they started to take several hours to even find them in Win 7, maybe a bad joke to force me to Win 10) then it can happen that something sometime may not work. I got that error too, Googled a solution as it is a pretty common problem with C++ 2015, installed the missing KB and have been enjoying the game as it finaly does not use up to 80% of my CPU.

Message 239 of 625 (1,118 Views)

★ Novice

I've literally reinstalled it over 6 times now, and I will NOT delete any files just because someone at Bioware forgot to put a period some where in the code for the patch. Still doesn't launch until an hour after I tried to open it, and when it does work my save file wont load because the DLC for the deluxe edition isn't found. It would be extremely nice for someone at EA to acknowledge that there is a major problem. I'm a huge Mass Effect fan, but this is getting ridiculous. 

Message 240 of 625 (1,293 Views)