by kirazira

Original Post

Re: mass effect Andromeda wont open after new patch

★★ Novice

This actually fixed mine! Standard smile Awesome, thank you

Message 221 of 625 (1,548 Views)

★ Apprentice

"control panel > uninstall > select the C++ 2015 64bit version > Uninstall > And choose Repair"

As i expected...Not working.

Message 222 of 625 (1,512 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

TheRealGethund is right,we bought this game,not to making workaround (some of us ,are not so expirient with fixing like this). Its your fault EA,this game work befor patch,so make some kind of hotfix. I preorder this game 7 months befor releas,just to play it 3 days!

Message 223 of 625 (1,426 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The c++ workaround didn't work either. It's mindboggling how EA managed to screw over everyone of us this badly and then simply refuses to come up with a solution. The most surprising part of it is that they seem to be more interested in getting good or better press for fixing some of the animation screwups they made before then they are in giving real fans a good gaming experience. It's the same kind of dumb commercial thinking that ended the dead space franchise. It will end M.E. if E.A. does not get it's act together. I for one have bought the first three games and every piece of dlc that came out. I'm gonna ask for a refund right now and invite everyone to do the same. I'm done with the franchise. They made the ultimate mistake of alienating their own fanbase. Maybe if we all ask for a refund some one over there at the developers office will get his (or her) head out of his (or her) a@& and ends this Madness! It's probably too,late to save this total screwup that seems to be caused by a studio in utter panic and demise, but let's just hope I'm wrong and they do get it right in the end.

Message 224 of 625 (1,408 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah im stuck in the same boat I've tried everything thats working for the other people and still sitting here with a black screen.

even had a go at the main dude from bioware on twitter and i had a greater response from a brick...great customer support from EA as usual

Message 225 of 625 (1,385 Views)

★ Apprentice

Allready asked for a refund too.!

3 days and no solutiion. Only DIY walkarounds.....

Message 226 of 625 (1,355 Views)

★★★ Newbie

FYI, this is what solved the issue for me. None of the other solutions worked but the offline one intrigued me because, well, DRM issues tend to behave his way.

So instead of touching Origin directly:

- Disabled my NIC, disconnecting the computer from the network. Origin informed me I was offline.

- Started Andromeda and this time it complained that it couldn't activate the game and a pop up with a login/password came up. In previous attempts nothing would happen at all.

- Re-enabled the NIC first, entered my username & password, the game booted up properly..

Conclusion? EA, fix your DRM.

Message 227 of 625 (1,339 Views)

★ Apprentice

going offline and start the game etc not working for me....Still missing *dll flag

Message 228 of 625 (1,272 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@aeroporos99 wrote:

going offline and start the game etc not working for me....Still missing *dll flag

The dl flag workaround from this thread "should" help you here
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/api-ms-win-crt-heap-I1-1-0-dll/m-p/5985403#U5985403
again the fact that you should even have to attempt this is frustrating.  Its so annoying. I am having the black screen issue. So this fix probably wont help me. It may help you good luck aero.

Message 229 of 625 (1,276 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@gitaarprofeet wrote:

The c++ workaround didn't work either. It's mindboggling how EA managed to screw over everyone of us this badly and then simply refuses to come up with a solution. The most surprising part of it is that they seem to be more interested in getting good or better press for fixing some of the animation screwups they made before then they are in giving real fans a good gaming experience. It's the same kind of dumb commercial thinking that ended the dead space franchise. It will end M.E. if E.A. does not get it's act together. I for one have bought the first three games and every piece of dlc that came out. I'm gonna ask for a refund right now and invite everyone to do the same. I'm done with the franchise. They made the ultimate mistake of alienating their own fanbase. Maybe if we all ask for a refund some one over there at the developers office will get his (or her) head out of his (or her) a@& and ends this Madness! It's probably too,late to save this total screwup that seems to be caused by a studio in utter panic and demise, but let's just hope I'm wrong and they do get it right in the end.

I agree with your sentiment. So frustrating dude. My thing is you have 24 pages of people complaining in forums on the official website, and not one response from anyone at EA or Bioware to let us know they are working on the issue. Not workarounds or quick unofficial fixes that we the players come up with, but someone from one of the two companies to literally say we understand you're having issues, and we are working on something. It's pretty "funny" (kind of haha funny) at the lack of customer support. Oh well what can you expect from EA at this point...

Message 230 of 625 (1,337 Views)