AMD or Nvidia Model Number nvidia 970m
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen? every
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) every day
Summarize your bug i normaly play with above 60 fps but sometimes out of no where it drops to the red so i think around 10 fps and it can take a couple of minuts before it's gone sometimes it's so bad it even continuous in the menu
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the game and see if there's massive fps loss
What happens when the bug occurs? massive fps loss mostly fps drops in the red wich is probably around 10 fps making it impossible to play the game
What should be happening instead? no massive fps loss

i haven't had this bug in the singleplayer campaing something in multiplayer trigers it

Message 1 of 10 (1,019 Views)

Re: masive fps los

Hero

It would help the troubleshooting if you could see if it happens when you play after a proper clean boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

and it would help if you could upload a video of it happening with some diagnostics running as seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDf-B9LSHQY

lastly, attaching a dxdiag.txt to this post will help as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_6PTIgoB3w

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 10 (970 Views)

★★★★ Novice

here is the dxdiag file unfortunantly i can't record it and the clean boot didn't work either it's a problem that i only experience in bf5 not a problem with my pc

Message 3 of 10 (958 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@blazingangel3005 Check your settings in game as I have seen BFV change video settings after a update. Also please try this write up part one it should help you..  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Set-up-for-the-most-FPS-in-BFV/m-p/7166307#M14907

Message 4 of 10 (948 Views)

★★★★ Novice

my settings are fine i changed them a couple times since it started happening lowering and highering it but the problem doesn't go away, i normally play at around 60 fps but sometimes it just dropes to less than 10 and stays there for a couple seconds/minutes but when i leave the match the problem continues in the menus and after a couple of second/minutes it returns to 60+ so i think it might be a porblem with the engine of the game or something like that because this only happen in bf 5 not on all of my other games

Message 5 of 10 (936 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@blazingangel3005 The issue comes in with your video card and CPU as BFV is a CPU hog way more so then other games. The most you can do is try the settings in the link to see if it will help keep your FPS more stable. Due to your laptop cpu 4 core 8 Threads and video card it will always be a problem sometimes more then others depending on the BFV updates.

EDIT...  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Set-up-for-the-most-FPS-in-BFV/m-p/7166307#M14907

Message 6 of 10 (923 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it is normal to experience FPS Loss in BFV with your hardware in multiplayer matches since the load on the CPU and GPU is more than in single player specially on conquest and breakthrough game modes (i experience myself some drops and i am using i7 6700Hq and GTX 1060 laptop version, 16gb ram ). some of the FPS losses comes from the bugs in game like after a tank kill, some other comes from the heavy load on the hardware such as (V1 rocket explosion or artillery strikes). what is not normal is that the lag is continuing in the menus and lasting for several minutes my answer to that is to try and check the hardware temperature while playing your problem might be overheating of the hardware.

try and play on lowest settings using 32 players servers like TDM or squad conquest and check the results

Message 7 of 10 (900 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

i have tried but the problem is still there tough overheating might indeed be the problem but it is strange that only bf5 seems to be troubled by it all other games i played some reaching temperatures far higher have no massive fps drops at least not this bad

Message 8 of 10 (839 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@blazingangel3005 Turn off PC and unplug it then blow all dust out of PC every fan etc including video card.

Message 9 of 10 (815 Views)

★★★★ Guide

If it is a temp problem it should be easy to check. just run HWinfo or similar software to see what the peak temps are when you get the issue. HWInfo and HWMonitor will show max, min and average so you dont need to sit and look at the software at all times. 

Not sure if its relevant but in BF4 and BF1 I remember people playing on laptop got issues with the game starting to use the IGPU. Meaning it suddenly started using the Intel GPU instead of the NVIDIA/AMD gpu. Since the Intel gpu isn't good enough to run the game the results was very low fps. 

Maybe try to force the game to use the Nvidia card. It can be done in nvidia control panel but if that doesnt work you have to do it in the bios.

Message 10 of 10 (757 Views)