Re: madden 20 will not let me download community rosters for xbox one

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

★★ Novice

Community files when accessing from "manage file" shows the "created by" section with gamertag but you are not able to sort them.  When in franchise mode and access the community files for a draft class, there are no gamertag names available and a limited number of files to choose from.   My little bit of programming with Microsoft access tells me that there are multiple databases that aren't linked correctly.

Message 301 of 443 (3,475 Views)

★★ Novice

This why we are getting the "file cannot be downloaded because it has been removed by its creator".  Basically we want to download a file that is linked to a gamertag but the file lost the gamertag association and cannot locate the file we want.

Message 302 of 443 (3,915 Views)

★★ Novice

Any news if and when the bug will be fixed?

Message 303 of 443 (3,774 Views)

Community Manager

@jonastsv1860 

No news yet, but it's in the process of being investigated. I'll update this thread as soon as possible. We know a great deal of us are staying at home a lot more now and there's more demand for this feature than ever, so we understand it's importance to all of you in this thread. 

Blueberry.png
Message 304 of 443 (3,684 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hollow words. That is literally all you you're willing to offer us, proof positive that EA doesn't give a crap about the consumer. I purchased Madden 20 last October, this is the first time I have purchased Madden in 5 years because after NCAA football was discontinued building an NFL franchise lost its appeal without the ability to continue to draft players you watch on Saturdays. A friend then let me know about the community Files available, and how dedicated Madden players took the time to put together real life draft classes so fans could again draft their favorite college players to thier preferred NFL franchises. This was my only reason for purchasing Madden 20. Without this ability I have ZERO interest in playing. I began following this thread back in November, hoping that EA would post a fix. It's now April, which means half year has gone by, and still EA hasn't addressed the issue. Instead you all ask us to do the trial and error, soliciting users to fix YOUR broken game. It's disgusting! DO THE WORK! FIX THIS! Until then no one wants to hear you ask us to be patient. There are over 500 posts on this thread, many of them from customers telling you that this problem is the final straw. Like them I am sick of EA doing the bare minimum because they have had a Monopoly on NFL games. Well thankfully the NFL actually listens to it's fans and so thanks to EA's utter lack of effort to provide the experience that fans of the game of football are looking for, they have granted 2K license to again produce NFL gaming content. Regardless of the platform 2K produces the next football game I purchase will be theirs. So next year I will again go back to ignoring EA's Madden Franchise, just like they've ignored thier customers.

Message 305 of 443 (3,628 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@IrishSeahawk81 Well said. Frankly, it's insulting that EA preaches patience to hundreds if not thousands of users experiencing this issue, when the game has been fundamentally broken for years and they haven't even tried to hide their choice to ignore the people simply asking for a game that functions at an acceptable level.

Now, basic features of the game arbitrarily stop working, and we go months with numerous updates but no indication of whether or not it will be fixed or what the plan is to fix it. This isn't hard, this is baseline, rudimentary stuff for a video game - no, a business - that is being unabashedly neglected.

Treat your users with even the smallest amount of respect, and then you can ask us to be patient. Treat your paying-customers like dirt once the money has exchanged hands, and the threshold for patience goes out the window. Just. Fix. It.
Message 306 of 443 (3,605 Views)

Community Manager

@IrishSeahawk81 wrote:

I began following this thread back in November, hoping that EA would post a fix. It's now April, which means half year has gone by, and still EA hasn't addressed the issue. Instead you all ask us to do the trial and error, soliciting users to fix YOUR broken game.

@IrishSeahawk81 

This issue surfaced shortly after launch which the team addressed in October. We started receiving larger amount of reports in January after a title update which we reported to the team to address it. Based off our findings it helped fix it for the majority of players. We're now seeing more reports come in indicating it's affecting a larger group of players which helps us identify what the root cause is when we gather more account examples. What's difficult is that it's affecting some players while others it's working completely fine. Seems like it's impacting more Xbox users based off the replies we're getting in this thread and some of those troubleshooting steps have helped fix it for those that attempted them. I've also seen it where attempting to download it repeatedly will eventually push it through. This is by no means a way to pass the buck off to you and is it inconvenient to select the download multiple times to fix it? Absolutely and it shouldn't function that way. Through troubleshooting methods it can help us narrow down what X account has compared to others that are also experiencing it to facilitate the fix much faster. 

With the current world situation and EA employees working remotely, this has made some of the workload challenging that we're attempting to push through as trips to office locations are limited. We'll continue to update this thread with news and ask for account information if needed. Thank you for your concern and honest feedback, @IrishSeahawk81. I've been following this thread since launch and nothing would make me more happier than ensuring this isn't frustrating you all any longer than it should. 

Blueberry.png
Message 307 of 443 (3,573 Views)

★ Novice

I just bought Madden 20 on PS4 yesterday, and I immediately had this issue. Any community file I try to download gets the error "removed by its creator". Nothing has worked as a workaround. 

Message 308 of 443 (3,529 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry at this point it is not working for anyone. If anyone is saying that it is working they are flat out lying. If you go under the community files and look at the dates that the files were created, all files created/uploaded in the last week have 0 downloads. That means that no one has been able to download anything for at least a week. So that eliminates the it's working for some while not for others. 

Message 309 of 443 (3,528 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is a brilliant way to get everyone to buy next years  game with updated rosters. 

Message 310 of 443 (3,515 Views)