madden 19 no sounds

by 13Hendrik37

Original Post

Re: madden 19 no sounds

★★★★★ Novice

The only fix I've found is creating a new Windows account. If I create a new Windows account, and launch Origin and Madden 19 through that, the sound works again. Temporarily, eventually it stops working again.

Message 21 of 73 (3,477 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

The sound still works in the Trial, like the earlier guy said, but that's not a * fix. Ten hours isn't enough I'm not happy about this. I mainly play with headphones, I'm not thrilled about this.

I'm active in the Madden subreddit, and any time someone asks about if the game is worth getting on PC, I'm making sure they hear about garbage like this.

Message 22 of 73 (3,470 Views)

Community Manager

@theanticulture@13Hendrik37@Keylo213@T0RTURED@BigTiddyHothGF

It seems like the game is having difficulty picking up the default audio device on your machines.

If you are still having an audio issue, please try the following and let us know your results, thanks.

1. Click the search button either in your Start menu or beside the Start/Windows button
  2. Search for Sound Settings, click Manage Audio Devices
  3. On the Playback tab, select the device you want to use and then click Set Default
  4. If that device is already set as default, set another device as default and then re-select the device you want to use and set it as default.
  5. Click Apply and OK

Check that your speakers/headphones are connected to the appropriate socket on your soundcard/motherboard/display.

barry.png
Message 23 of 73 (3,441 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have already tried all that doesn’t work thing is it worked perfect everyday until the last update for me then it just stopped working doesn’t matter what I do. I had the game since the day it launched on origin access premier.

Message 24 of 73 (3,425 Views)

★★★ Newbie

that happened to me when i uninstalled the trial then installed the HOF edition. I downloaded the trial again and then installed the HOF as a patch-over to the trial. that worked for me.

Message 25 of 73 (3,404 Views)

★★ Novice

Like others have said I uninstalled and downloaded the trial and the sound through my pc speakers works fine but as soon as I upgrade it to the hall of fame edition no sound so its on your end EA please fix as this is ridiculous.

Message 26 of 73 (3,390 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@T0RTURED@13Hendrik37@noScooch4you@theanticulture@Keylo213

Do any of you have Sonic Studio software installed? That may cause a conflict, we may be able to see that in your Dxdiag.

If you are still getting this audio issue can you please post your Dxdiag report here so we can see if there is any commonality between your setups/drivers?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 27 of 73 (3,334 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry@13Hendrik37@T0RTURED@noScooch4you@theanticulture

So even tho my speakers were set to default, and I tried everything on this board so far and nothing worked for me. I tried the sound default advice one more time and not expecting anything to happen,and what do you know my sound is working on hof edition like it should. I wish I could help someone but it started working again so randomly.. One thing I do remember is before my sound ever went out I was playing online though my speakers and some guy  started chatting and I switched over to my headset and not long after that I started having the sound issue. As far a my speakers go,the weird thing  is that I never had any problems with the trial version what so ever. I just hope this issue is resolved for everyone soon, I'll update later on to see if my sound continues to work..

Message 28 of 73 (3,315 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don't know if this helps anyone, but I was running into the same issue.  I have Realtek HD audio on my Z-170x Gaming 3 MB.  I replaced the windows audio driver with the older Realtek driver from the ASUS website and now I have sound from my main speakers again. 

This is an odd bug as all of my other EA games (BF1, PVZ, NFS, etc.) had sound when the Madden 19 did not.

Message 29 of 73 (12,597 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@DeanerdThat's interesting! I also have Realtek HD audio ..Some how my sound started working again.

Message 30 of 73 (3,280 Views)