Re: madden 19 no sounds

by Absolut_LaX

Original Post

★ Novice

Thanks, I downloaded http://www.chevolume.com/Download.aspx as well.  What I noticed when I first loaded the program was that Madden 19 was set to volume 0, but other things I had on another screen (netflix) was set to normal volume.

So somewhere along the line, something told Madden to set it's volume to 0 on the windows default device.

However, this program does resolve the issue.  I don't want to spend $20 after the 7 days is up if the issue happens again. 

Message 41 of 73 (4,738 Views)

★ Novice

I also have this issue. It seemed to happen when I was already in the game and changed my output device via alt-tabbing. Now I can't get the original device to work no matter what I do. However, when I change the output device to my headphones, it works great. Very annoying. 

Message 42 of 73 (4,550 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

What's weird is I have sound in the solo challenges and franchise modes but not squads, draft, tournament, or battle. If I do say 1 solo battle in MUT and then switch to franchise mode I won't have sound in franchise mode. If I close the game and reopen it and then go to franchise mode I have sound again. I'm almost 100% certain these sound issues are on EA's side, not ours. My audio is realtek as well, I bet most or all of those having issues have that specific card.

Message 43 of 73 (4,524 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

This issue just happened to me out of nowhere as well (I also have realtek hd audio)...I switch the default device to my monitor speakers and the sound works, I change it to set of usb headphones (which I sit on my desk for mic use) and the sound  works, but anytime I go back to my default audio device - the main headphones I use - I get no sound in game...Is there any sort of fix for this issue? My sound works perfectly fine in everything else, this issue is mutually exclusive to Madden which I had no issue with for over 40 hours...Then this bug popped up out of nowhere...I'm not sure why this post is labeled as "Solved" by the way, it's clearly not solved

Message 44 of 73 (4,509 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Go to your volume mixer (right click on the speaker in the bottom right of your screen) check to see if Madden 19 is set to zero volume. That's what's happening on mine. Even if I manually raise the bar to maximum once I go back into the game it automatically drops it back down to zero volume. I'm going to mess around with it a bit today and see if taking the game off full screen or something keeps this from happening. The game shouldn't be adjusting my volume sliders at all unless I change them in game which I have not. I just have a feeling it's an issue with the game not liking the realtek drivers though.

Message 45 of 73 (4,478 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I noticed the volume mixer was initially at zero % on my end as well. I manually raised the level of the slider and it's stayed at 100% on the slider even after shutting off and rebooting my PC, but even though it stays at 100% the game still refuses to output any sound. The game worked fine without issue for about 40 + hours, then earlier (the first time I ever had a problem) my game froze / locked up after alt-tabbing while being grouped up for MUT squads - I restarted my computer since Madden wouldn't close and this is the issue I came back to when my computer rebooted...extremely frustrating

Updated info: I completely removed my current driver and installed the latest Realtek hd audio driver from my motherboards website....After the entire process I load up Madden, still no sound

Message 46 of 73 (4,472 Views)

sound

★★★ Newbie

My in game sound works for the intro and then dosnt work after that and the menu screen there is no sound and same as playing games 

Message 47 of 73 (4,344 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Absolut I pretty much did the same exact thing you did and still do not have sound. you are not alone with this issue! 

Message 48 of 73 (4,417 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have no Sound. Ive tried pretty much everything....Listed here and other stuff but no dice. If anyone has any ideas that maybe Ive overlooked please reply! I was on phone all morning with EA but they have no clue either.....

Message 49 of 73 (4,413 Views)

★★★ Newbie
So I was able to finally get it to work on Headphones. After i deleted all my audio drivers, reinstalled AND had to use CheVolume. I can get it to work on my headphhones, and through HDMI, but still refuses to work through my Optical (Soundbar). Every other game works just fine....
I can live through it till it gets patched but I dont know for how long, headphones tend to give me headaches so its almost a deal breaker. Its just weird when you put 50 hours into a game and then the sound just goes away for no reason...(sorry for rant, kinda been frustrated all day)
Message 50 of 73 (4,394 Views)