Re: low fps and fps drops below 20 since last patch

by Sp4ceb4lls

Original Post

low fps and fps drops below 20 since last patch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

last week i did my weeklies no problem. had my standard 140~ fps with dips to around 100.

logged on yesterday and had 70-90 fps in training range and once i started a game it was 70 fps max with drops to below 20 whenever anything happened. unplayable.

to describe how it feels: its as if only 1 cpu core is getting used. halved fps with drops that cause stuttering.

have the same issue in blizzards overwatch where blizzard confirmed its a bug created by their last patch and that theyre working on patching it.

every other game is unaffected.

have seen a few people post similar issues on reddit (suddenly low fps with strong stuttering (so consistent frame drops) during fights) and got a few upvotes on my own post.

also posted this in the ea bug reports section where more users had the same issues even with a new pc, clean windows, clean origin + apex installation and updated drivers!

this rules out hardware or software issues on our end (especially software. ive used pcs for 15 years now with a family full of IT people) and shows that its not just a personal issue but also affecting others.

im reposting here cause if this bug persists the players affected can not play this game anymore so im not trying to spam but get this bug noticed so it can get fixed!

Message 1 of 14 (1,254 Views)

★★★ Novice
i have the problem too my pc is brand new and hopped on my pc after vacation a few days ago and i cant get anything above 30fps in game or lobby and no other game has been affected as of right now and my drivers are up to date and i reinstalled the game as well as completely wiped my pc thinking something was wrong but i believe its the game.
Message 2 of 14 (1,232 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm facing the same problem i thought it was my hardware or softwares but i checked everything even my connections countless of repairs and check for updates but it still stutters like mad my connection was stable 50ms its really considered unplayable 

Message 3 of 14 (1,207 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

a lot of people on this forum make you think is our hardware fault … this game just got worst and worst with bugs and optimization  

Message 4 of 14 (1,199 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm scared of the next update because every update so far made the game worse.

Message 5 of 14 (1,195 Views)

★ Novice

Same for me, yesterday everything still worked for me... After the patch that was supposedly to fix the lobby matching error, I still get the error + frames around 70 being idle/looting or so and in fights it just loses every sense of play ability. Fix it please, messed up some nice RP too for me thanks for that as well.

Message 6 of 14 (1,192 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Been experiencing few second freezes and getting shot backwards by lag recently

Message 7 of 14 (1,182 Views)

★★★ Novice

I logged onto the game and my Rez is set to 1280 by 720 and can’t go any higher and is stuck at 30fps in Lobby and game and doesn’t go any lower or higher it’s like they capped my frames at 30 or something it’s absolutely unplayable 

Message 8 of 14 (1,169 Views)

★★★ Novice

Is this a joke or what? 10 FPS in the lobby hasn’t when up or down 

Message 9 of 14 (1,149 Views)

★★★★ Novice

well a new post is already being published with 80+ points with this problem, a lot of people are getting this issue now I'm glad it's being aware so we can get a fix quicker I'm really annoyed with this xD 

Message 10 of 14 (1,105 Views)