Re: loss of sound

by ceitic

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

I wish it was so simple, no I.m not overclocking but running the RX2800 as is straight out of the box with recent update [26.11.19]. So the research continues. Cheers Ceitic

Message 11 of 18 (373 Views)

Community Manager

@ceitic 

Have you tried running the game right after performing a clean boot? You can find instructions on that here: http://bit.ly/Clean_Boot. If that works, there's something starting up with your PC interfering with the sound.

Aljo.png
Message 12 of 18 (360 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Right where are we at? I went into the BIOS setup, settings are already as low as I can make them, also I turned off the Aura setting, just in case that enhances the picture effects. Going to try again. \ceitic

Message 13 of 18 (350 Views)

Community Manager

@ceitic 

You shouldn't have to go into the BIOS to clean boot. Just follow those instructions I gave you and let me know what happens.

Aljo.png
Message 14 of 18 (343 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I realise what you want me to do but I have so many programs that would need to be re-loaded, etc. that I am not too certain one game is worth the risk. I did reset my desktop some weeks ago when there was obviously something amiss with the way  my PC was running. It took ages to get everything up and running again, due to the cause being a Microsoft download I annoyingly lost some very useful programs and documents. So I'll have to give this some serious thought. Thanks anyway Ceitic

Message 15 of 18 (328 Views)

Community Manager

@ceitic 

I just want you to do this as a test. If audio works after performing a clean boot, there's a program conflicting that is causing this. Once that's done, you can restart without a clean boot and have all those programs running. We'll just know it's one of them that is causing this to happen.

Aljo.png
Message 16 of 18 (325 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I did as you suggested not long after sending last message, the process made no difference to the sound in JFO, but at l4eleast whilst I was changes things I was able to stop some programs that had attached themselves to the startup, which I was able to stop. The start process is much quicker, so thanks - shame it didn't help but it was tried

Message 17 of 18 (308 Views)

Community Manager

@ceitic 

At least something good came out of that then Standard smile

You said you use that rig to test a variety of games. Some programs that are installed can cause some strange effects, like what happened to the player in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Mobicip-interference/m-p/8357519/highlight/false#M2897. Let's see if that helps.

Aljo.png
Message 18 of 18 (287 Views)