loss of sound on mass effect andromeda

by Skauron

Original Post

Re: loss of sound on mass effect andromeda

★★★ Pro

No i think the very fact that this got forwarded by bioware to the frostbite dev team is a sure sign that the problem is within the engine. and not your connection as a joiner etc.

Message 161 of 203 (1,198 Views)

Message 162 of 203 (1,177 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This solved my issue with the sound cutting out randomly in multiplayer: 

Go to Settings -> Audio

Scroll down to:  "Ignore Window Focus"

Turn it to:  On

It may not solve it for everyone but I have played for 2 days after setting it and have not gotten the issue again.  That option probably isn't there for consoles probably though.

Message 163 of 203 (1,135 Views)

★★★ Pro

I had 3 days this week of no sound cutting out.. 3 whole.. lovely days of gaming.. usually its every day.

This week i ensured that discord did not load when windows starts.. and i thought it must have made a difference.. then on day 4.. the sound cut out twice on the same night.

Really glad you've had a few days with the sound behaving.. but lets see over a much longer period of time.  

I've already tried the window focus thing you see, and it still happened when i set that.

Message 164 of 203 (1,129 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I gave the "Ignore Window Focus" thing a try but I still lost the narrator in two of three games. The one I did'nt I was only in for the last 2 waves.

DW

Message 165 of 203 (1,113 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I had to get a new computer after my aged machine died... completely different machine modern up to date and excellent... Sound still drops.

Message 166 of 203 (1,105 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Same here and it annoys me very much. Since day 1 i have this issue and still with the 1.10 update that issue is still there.

Are you people at EA/Bioware even care to fix stuff ???? because so far i didn't see much good fixes on this game.

Message 167 of 203 (1,093 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

For me four days is the longest I have gone without the bug. Then I have had it happen three times in a day at that point I just quit playing. I agree with Skauron, this is in the Frostbite engine as other Frostbite games have reported the same issue. 

As far as the patches from 1.1 - 1.10 there has been many fixes and the performance and stability is night and day. I think the new maps are awesome.  

Message 168 of 203 (1,059 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There are console commands in the engine that might help but they have them disabled.  If they are unable to fix it because its engine related, at least make a console command to restart the sound engine.

Message 169 of 203 (1,010 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Are any of you having the sound drop out on a certain map more others? For me it is FB Paradox. I think it has happened on all the maps now, but Paradox is the worst. Twice today on that map.Frown

Message 170 of 203 (983 Views)