Re: loss of sound on mass effect andromeda

★★★ Apprentice

Bump.

Just happened to me again 2 x in Patch 1.09. *Extremely irritating.*  Sick

Message 142 of 203 (1,105 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Happening here too.

• does not happen in any other game or application (never happened on ME3, on this same pc);
  • FX and music go mute, voice chat still works (so not a device problem);
Message 143 of 203 (1,068 Views)

★★ Novice

Confirmed, just happened to me again... this is something that I am used to it by now but after so many patches it is quite disgraceful. I honestly regret buying the Super Deluxe version or whatever the most expensive one wasFrown

Message 144 of 203 (1,036 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Yet as we are now coming up to 4 months since release, there has still been no further word of an upcoming fix for this issue.   Now.. here's an interesting fact...

Anthem uses frostbite 3 also... guess which game i'm NOT buying into unless they fix THIS sound issue, on THIS game.. soon.  I've already cancelled my pre-order for SW Battlefront II and have put the game completely out of my mind.. so Anthem will receive the same treatment until i see better fixes for huge problems like sound loss.

gollum22.jpg

Message 145 of 203 (1,031 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Seriously, guys... nine patches and still the same problem. Loosing sounds even in the loading screen... in the next patch just add a button in the sound menu "reset sound", so we don't have to restart the whole game (obviously the techies can't figure it out).

Message 146 of 203 (995 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

On the first page of this thread you will see all the steps i've tried as a gamer to try to figure this issue out.  I've probably not even listed all the things i've tried either, but one thing is very evidence.. without any kind of feedback or input from the developer in any way shape or form then we are S* out of luck to seeing any hope for this ever being fixed.

I still think they can't fix it.. I think the problem is so ingrained into the engine that it would need not only an entire re-write of major sections of the engine, but may also require a different method for the way that multiplayer games are actually made. (eg.  move away from peer to peer)

Without any communication, assistance, hints.. tips.. or any technical details of things we could possibly try, then I .. like many others who have tried every techie work around out there to fix the issue will be no further on until they fix something in the game code itself.

This forum thread is now at this point in time: 
3 Months, 11 days and 17 Hours without any input from EA or Bioware by way of help, tips, technical input or update on this issue.

Message 147 of 203 (947 Views)

★★★ Pro

Days since THIS:

@Skauron wrote:

As there is a 100% lack of any official response on this thread from EA or Bioware, i've been advised by another forum user that this was discussed briefly on a recent twitch multiplayer livestream (last week).

Billy Buskell (Bioware producer) said the following during the steam.  (i've transcribed it from audio to text just for everyone to be able to read.)

"And one of the other ones that comes up a few times to is anything with the audio.  Errr this is something that we are aware of it's actually a little bit deeper than we able to look into ourselves.  So we've been reaching out to some folks at the Frostbite dev team level.  So, again can't go into a ton of detail but it's actually unfortunately not unique to mass effect its just we know that there are ways that it manifests in our games.  So nothing to announce right now other than yes we are looking into it, it's something that we're aware of but nothing to update on beyond that."  

1 Month 23 days and 17 hours  with no 'anything to announce, details about feedback from Frosbite Dev Team or other'

Message 148 of 203 (942 Views)

★★★ Pro

Who is up for betting that people will max all their rares and ultrarares before we see this fixed? Standard smile

Message 149 of 203 (940 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same happens to me. I am kind a blown away, that there is still no comments about this issue. And as I see this issue started way back after release. 

Message 150 of 203 (935 Views)