loss of sound on mass effect andromeda

by Skauron

Original Post

Re: loss of sound on mass effect andromeda

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I have this problem too from time to time. Sometimes the sound just stops working completely in the game (ony multiplayer so far). Occasionally only Kandros voice is gone.While this bug is happening all other applications work fine, only the game is not (for example, Teamspeak or Winamp). Starting a new round doesn't work. Unless I restart the whole game sound won't come back.

When the bug is happening and you quit, you can hear a short "scratch" while the game blops back to deskop. Just like the sound card reset the channel and freed itself from the malicious code.

I have an Soundblaster Titanium X-Fi Fatal1ty on a Windows 10 machine.The same problem sometimes happend in Mass Effect 3 multiplayer (another PC and OS but same soundcard with different drivers) as well but not that often. What worked for me on my old machine was to switch soundcard mode over driver software from "Game Mode" to "Entertainment Mode" and back. This forced my soundcard to reset itself, making the same "scratch" sound and voila: game had sound again. But the software does not work properly on Windows 10 anymore. So I can't use it to make my soundcard reset without leaving the game. That is why I counting on you to make your game work properly in the first way.

Something you demand from the soundchip crashes. And a lot preople seem to have the issue. If you can somehow give us at least a console command that makes the game reinitializing sound like it does when the game loads, we can fix it easily by ourselves. Or at least make that reset automatically after a match ends while loading the shaders. Shouldn't be a big of a problem for you to do so.

Needless to say that this kind of sound bug I don't have with other games. But it is really annoying because a lot of your tactical considerations are influenced by your ear. That bug is leaving you somehow "blind" and making you get killed where you could have easily survived.

Message 21 of 203 (4,760 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Me too, sound is suddenly gone, not even Winamp played music. When i closed the game, everything worked again.

Also i can't remember it happen before the latest patch.

Message 22 of 203 (4,753 Views)

★★ Novice

yup, it's happening more and more after the latest patch. ill go 3 or 4 games just fine then bam, no sound. only solution is to close and restart the game. it's getting kind of annoying in multiplayer.

Message 23 of 203 (4,720 Views)

★★★ Pro

and on the advice of one reply on here, i installed the demo of the Breakaway audio enhancer, and i can confirm that this audio issue STILL occurs even with that.  No different so not a fix.

Although in its favour, i did like how it made the game sound.

Can we please have some indication from EA/Bioware when this problem is being resolved if possible please?

Message 24 of 203 (4,651 Views)

★★★ Pro

Always seems to be when fighting the Remnants.  Someone pointed it out on my youtube page.

Please help us out by fixing this as yet unresolved issue bioware/ea, i really would like to recommend this game to a friend, but in its current multiplayer state, i'm going to wait til this issue is fixed.

Message 25 of 203 (4,645 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Me too. Thankfully it has only actually happened once in over 50 games as I periodically exit the game & start it again.

Message 26 of 203 (4,638 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have completly the same error. No Sound after 5 min of playing.

Thats a real Problem. I had this now every day and it sucks a lot!

Please do something, the MP is very nice!

Message 27 of 203 (4,607 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This seems to be right. Yesterday I played only against Outlaws. About 20 rounds. No bug. Todays Gold Apex Mission is against the Remnants. 3 rounds, and sound was gone again.

If this confirms to be true, this could point to the culprit of the bug. One of the Remnants soundfile maybe. Or many Remnants overlaying their sounds in "a bad manner"?

Please EA - someone of the techies of Bioware must see into this.

Message 28 of 203 (4,558 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Sorry, bad news. Just had a match against the Outlaws. Sound bugged in the very first round. Had to play the whole match deaf - that sucked.

Message 29 of 203 (4,545 Views)

★ Novice

PC, Windows 10 here and having this bug since 1.0 and same thing in 1.05. Really hope they will fix it, fails often after just a few matches Frown. Restarting the game fixes it. makes multiplayer very annoying experience to the point where I almost want a refund for this game even though I know I wont get it by now.

Message 30 of 203 (4,509 Views)