Re: loss of sound on mass effect andromeda

by Bamda

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Just had it happen in the single player mission "Peebee: A Mysterious Remnant Signal", at the beginning when the observer opens the blocked path.

Can't save in those missions so quit the game and restarted from the beginning which, thankfully, wasn't very long ago.

Tried changing the various sound settings but nothing restarted it.  Also tried switching from borderless to fullscreen mode, just in case.

Message 191 of 203 (2,264 Views)

★★★★ Novice
The issue is still occurring to me on multiplayer mode. The sound cuts out, sounds like it pops off. The sound works fine on other games and in Windows 10. I even tested with two games running at the same time, the sound cuts off in ME:A but works fine in the other game. So it is not a sound issue with the computer.
Message 192 of 203 (2,206 Views)

@Bamda

Yup, kinda a known issue, that I and others suspect is related to the Frostbite engine more than the game coding.  Since patching of this game has long since stopped, there is less than a 1% chance of this ever being fixed.  The only thing we are left to do, is deal with it the best we can.  Sad that the potential of this game was wasted and thrown away when they ran away from it after release, but it is what it is.  It is a solid game with some annoying issues but can be fun to play when it works the way is should.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 193 of 203 (2,194 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@mcsupersport Thanks for the response. I have been repairing the game to help resolve the game temporality. hehe
Message 194 of 203 (2,184 Views)

★★ Guide

Anthem is in an even worse condition that this was left in. Same issues too. Including this one.

The people running BioWare are highly incompetent and it's showing. They'll be gone before the end of the year. Good riddance!

Message 195 of 203 (1,864 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

As of March 14th 2020 the issue persists.

Message 196 of 203 (1,580 Views)

★★★ Newbie

And stil in August 2020. This is terrible. I also tried to install Breakaway as suggested. But it does not change anything.

Message 197 of 203 (1,361 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Skauron Did you fix it by now?
Message 198 of 203 (1,359 Views)

★★★ Novice

Nothing is being done about the issue any longer.  Only option to get sound is to restart the game.  My Batarian Vanguard constantly overloads the sound with all the biotic explosions.  Have to restart almost every other match.

Message 199 of 203 (1,261 Views)

★ Apprentice

November 15,2020, and still same issue. 1st, i had to deal with broken quests that i left unfinished, due to i cannot speak with specific NPC (Astrea) to complete my quest, and now my sound gone in the middle of the quest line.Most broken game i ever played, without doubt. I hope they're not gonna screw Remastered Trilogy too,but wait..RIP old good BioWare..

Message 200 of 203 (1,131 Views)