Re: loss of sound on mass effect andromeda

by HWLRaziel

Original Post

★★★ Pro

I can only be apologetic to my team mates when this problem happens to me on my pc as i play really well up to the point where the sound goes, then i start missing things like a team-mate going down and i'm usually really good at being first-responder medic to them as i can blink through many walls on my duelist.   It really does upset the whole multiplayer game experience when it happens.. you miss the early sound of incoming fire.. you miss those ambient noises you hear of the Ascendant/beast or the rapid gun fire of a destroyer nearby.   With gimped audio you are missing so much that you become nowhere near as twitch-effective as you usually are.. and it shows in your overall score too.  While i only use score to see if i'm being lazy or not, it clearly shows me not killing as much as i do when i have audio.

When Anthem gets released i'm going to watch the forums for that, and see how long it is before someone reports lost all audio during play on that.. same for SW Battlefront 2.  Both use the same Frostbite 3 engine.. and one would hope that they would fix this ship before launching another right?

Message 151 of 203 (1,239 Views)

★★★ Pro

Today 22/07 was the first day i've played all day without the sound dropping.    Amazed.  doubt any fix has been done.. as i've pretty much given up hope on that .. but it was nice to get 1 play session in without having to restart the game due to no sound.

Message 152 of 203 (1,171 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

This may be the solution.  There could be comms devices within ME Andromeda for multiplayer.

Go to Sound settings, under the Communications tab set "When Windows detects communications activity:" choose "Do Nothing".  This seems to have cured problems with audio on multiple browser windows/tabs cutting off.

Message 153 of 203 (1,120 Views)

★★★ Pro

I know you say 'may' be a solution, but you know? i feel i've tried everything else so i've set this anyway and will try it out over the coming days.  thanks for the input.. and an idea.. i'll give it a spin and see how it goes.  Had to do a gold earlier where sound dropped in wave 1, not fun at all.

Message 154 of 203 (1,106 Views)

★ Guide

Let me know if that helps you but I checked and I have had that setting this whole time.  Last time sound went out - yesterday evening.

Message 155 of 203 (1,102 Views)

★★★ Pro

It is an old fix from ME:3 I think.  As i'd lost all hope of them ever fixing this issue, i figured, why the hell not test it anyway Standard smile

Not had a lot of games tonight though, only about 9 or 10 games, so not a good test session really.

Message 156 of 203 (1,088 Views)

★★★ Pro

With this setting I lost sound today on wave 1 of 7.  Ahh well.  I guess we should all get used to the fact that this problem is here to stay forever as no word from anyone who can do anything about  fixing it.  

Message 157 of 203 (1,060 Views)

★★★ Pro

I am not at all hopeful that this problem will ever be fixed.  So don't be surprised if Anthem and any other products that use Frostbite engine have sound issues at this level too.  I did my bit, i reported it properly, i tested every workaround possibility i could, researched it like crazy all over the web... and with no assistance from bw/ea.. ever.. this problem has been left to rot. 

As shame really because even though you can add a load of new maps, do multiplayer rebalancing. introduce new characters.. the one thing that turns players off the most is gameplay issues.. especially when you have to dump a great MP team due to going tone deaf as far as audio goes.

Message 158 of 203 (981 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I've asked the question to raise this again on the tonights twitch.tv multiplayer livestream. (41m:34s)  dated 3rd August, 2017.

Presenting tonights live stream was Bastiaan Frank and Benoit

"During one of the May livestreams you (Bioware) said that the problem with the audio cutting out in multiplayer was being passed to the Frostbite Dev Team.  This was 2 months ago now.. so has there been any update on this? is it going to be fixed? and when?"

and they responded shortly afterwards when they spotted the question they answered with the following at: 42m:02s

"Yeah, the audio cut out problem is a frostbite problem globally.. so...even if they were to fix it we would not be able to fix it for our game any more?  errrm that would mean 'integrations and fancy things' errm so we are always looking at that of course and frostbites gonna try and fix that.  but.."     the questions answer was then interrupted sadly at this point as they began reading other comments from the mass of things in the chat panel.

So the above is all I could get in any way of an update.. and it would seem the 'integrations and fancy things' are going to stop us seeing a fix for this issue.  What quite that means is anyone's guess, but I would invite Bioware/EA to expand on this if they wish as I know they were near the end of a live stream at the time.

Message 159 of 203 (940 Views)

★★ Guide

I've been losing sound on private solo matches of late, kinda makes all the blame on joiners with poor connections being the primary culprit not hold so much water.

Message 160 of 203 (930 Views)