Re: loss of sound on mass effect andromeda

by LepraSSK

Original Post

★★★ Pro

I do think that it happens most commonly when the enemy is Remnant, however the worst part about that observation is that it 'could' be entirely possible that remnant is appearing as an enemy type more frequently.  It is hard to pinpoint what could be the cause.

I have indeed had it happen with all factions, all maps and player characters classes.. i've levelled every class to level 20 so i've been able to have this problem happen in all possible scenarios.

I restarted my game 8 times last night, and on the 6th or 7th time I had barely left the start insertion point when the sound dropped and i went on to finish the game with a full extraction.  I totally forgot to restart the game, and ended up then running another game straight after with the same group as they worked well as a team, and had to play a second game with no sound.  Whilst I CAN play with no sound.. it would be nice if we had that option.. this bug forces the issue.. and yes its fine when you can see your enemy, but what about those times when you've been flanked and you have multiple observes eating your shields.  Sometimes you need that audible warning sound that you are taking incoming hits because relying on sight alone leaves you with more damage than you would like.

I would like if possible that until they fix this that they put two achievements into the game:

Subtitled Assault:

Survive 20 games without sound on Silver or Above.

Never gonna happen:

Go an entire day without your sound disappearing on multiplayer.

I still would like to see a 'reset sound feature' built into the game even if it was a console command.. however i would then have to put my Tilde key back into the keyboard as i've removed that to stop tilde deaths. (another huge annoyance to multiplayer people)

An achievement for this too please...

TIlde F us do part:

Die 100 times while in console command line.

Message 131 of 203 (1,045 Views)

★★★ Novice

Since today I'm having this problem in the solo game.

Message 132 of 203 (1,009 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't have voice communications enabled but my sound cuts out randomly on PC as well. A restart is required. The sound to the windows media player in the background cuts out too. When I leave the game (alt-tab and close tab) the sound to the windows media player is restored.

Message 133 of 203 (974 Views)

★★★ Pro

I tend not to run any other audio apps or anything that could share the sound card while playing ME:A.  The sound is that flakey and untrustworthy i daren't risk it.

@Ntrls_hostilized wrote:

I don't have voice communications enabled but my sound cuts out randomly on PC as well. A restart is required. The sound to the windows media player in the background cuts out too. When I leave the game (alt-tab and close tab) the sound to the windows media player is restored.

Message 134 of 203 (923 Views)

★★★ Pro

PATCH 1.09 was deployed today:  06/07/2017.

I have already twice tonight lost audio.  

Wave 1 and wave 5.

Number of full calendar months with this problem left unfixed:  3

Message 135 of 203 (922 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Yeah, loosing sound on platinum is the real "fun".

Message 136 of 203 (898 Views)

★ Guide

I suspect this is caused by a bad audio stack and cue-ing logic. What I mean is, during combat and general play you can hear effects for actions and units that are already dead. Essentially the game is "stacking up" audio cues it needs then playing them. But they are not getting "cleared" from memory on a units death. So you can run around hearing wraiths screeching, Kett shouting for support with nothing in the area etc.

So what I suspect is happening is this is all getting stacked up, then a minor de-sync or error in the audio is causesing it to get stuck and fail to play an audio file. That then blocks everything else, and you then have zero sound.

Message 137 of 203 (890 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@lexandro_AlbionYes kind of.  The audio queuing is a bot odd, like I'm lying there having been taken out by an Ascendant or Fiend and a team mate goes down, then my character says 'On my way' or something.  Because its peer to peer all that info needs to be passed through the Host, so a bad network makes it more likely.  It should work fine if the network between players is good. 

I think there is a sound channel issue as well.  Some kind of sharing conflict.  So running other audio apps is a big no. I noticed it happening predominantly when one of the players had their sound icon switching between speaker and microphone a lot in the lobby.  I tended to quit the match at that point or mute the player.  Especially in the case of one player I knew had a bad connection.  I do wonder if its partially caused by Discord or some other party audio share software, and that could be down to sound channel set up.  Has not been that big an issue prior to patch 1.09 but I've had it happen 3 times since the patch. 

Message 138 of 203 (880 Views)

★★★ Pro

Also there has been so many times after a hydra has been taken down, you can hear residual sound of the hydra's walking even though it has been killed and its model removed from the map already.  I can't be the only person who has noticed this ?

Message 139 of 203 (875 Views)

★★ Guide

The phantom Hydra footsteps has be there since launch, occasionally you can hear phantom fiends as well.

Message 140 of 203 (863 Views)