Re: loss of sound on mass effect andromeda

by iCharb101

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Is so sad that actually the game messed up with ALL my games, no dialogues, no sound effects, only music. And my solution was to uninstall Mass Effect. so sad.

Message 31 of 203 (2,648 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

In regards to sound in MP, I have an Xbox One adapter and 3rd party headset. Last night I had an issue that hadn't been there since weeks 1-2 of launch. While using the headset, a loud buzz/fuzz noise randomly erupts from my headset and will not cease until I unplug the headset and plug it back in. 30 seconds of normal game play sound and it occurs again. 

I tested the headset on the Xbox dashboard and in a few other apps afterwards and there were no issues. 

Thank you.

Message 32 of 203 (2,637 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've been having the same problem. I use a headset 100% of the time - a Logitech G633 (http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g633-7-1-surround-sound-gaming-headset). I somehow and maybe quite wrongly concluded that it had to do with the headset. So I was wondering: have any of you experienced this problem without headsets?

Message 33 of 203 (2,547 Views)

★★★ Pro

Perhaps open a separate thread regarding the headsets thing.. this issue i've logged here is about complete loss of sound both on speakers AND headsets.  still happening, no communication from EA/Bioware as to 1.06 patch? and whether this issue is even being looked into.  I sure hope so!!

Message 34 of 203 (2,531 Views)

★★ Novice

Doesn't matter if I use headset or speakers; it all comes out of the same sound device.  

Just happened to me on a bronze game that I was hosting.  Literally <10s into the first wave: bam, sound's gone.

Bioware seriously need to fix this game.

Message 35 of 203 (2,470 Views)

★★★ Novice

What I've read here might work for a fix, although I must say it is a hilariously game breaking bug, since I rely on sound for clues to where enemies are, gold is a real pain without audio. I hope the tip in the link helps, I haven't had the bug return since trying it a couple of hours ago.

Message 36 of 203 (2,463 Views)

★ Apprentice

happened to me for the first time ever. but it happened 4 matches in a row. have to close the game and restart it

Message 37 of 203 (2,413 Views)

★★★ Pro

Well i'm going to try the exclusive control suggested fix as an interim as there is seemingly nothing else left to try.

I've even tried the gst fix for battlefield4 inside profopts_profile by puttig the variable in, but sadly it would seem this variable is not used in ME:Andromeda, so it just removes it.   strangely i played for 5 hours straight the other day after testing this and i got all hopeful then bam.. sound gone again.

so testing swehaan's suggestion now... and if that fails.. its back to the drawing board Standard smile

Message 38 of 203 (2,368 Views)

★★★ Pro

Just reporting back that i've lost sound again even using the swehaans suggested fix.   sadly i really think this needs fixing in the game code, i doubt very very much its anything to do with our pc's and sound which works perfectly in every other game except the ones constantly affected by the same engine that EA seem to integrate into many games (battlefield etc) with frostbite.   It has problems EA. it needs resolving!

Message 39 of 203 (2,354 Views)

★ Apprentice

yeah its the game itself.. though its odd how i lose all sound for EVERYTHING (youtube, music player, system sounds, etc.... until i shut down the game.)

Message 40 of 203 (2,331 Views)