Re: loss of sound on mass effect andromeda

by Skauron

Original Post

★★★ Pro

I can also confirm the same, all other windows operations delivering audio with no issue.. youtube, and windows sound effects all working.  As does any test i do of my audio hardware,and there is no 'event' in my log to suggest that anything is wrong with audio.

Message 11 of 203 (5,151 Views)

★★★ Novice

Man, this is graphics card compatibility issue for sure. It is, like 90% of the time.EA is not touching this anytime soon, so don`t hold your breath. Install Breakaway, enjoy 30 days trial, clear the single player, and move on. (On a side note, the problem still won`t go away completely but it provides a huge alleviation to the complete loss of environmental sound I was experiencing).

Message 12 of 203 (5,121 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have this same problem. I have reported this problem to EA about sound going out completely and going mute.

I too have installed the latest audio drivers for my card and I've tried disabling sound drivers for nvidia or realtek. It does not matter, there is something int he ME:A client that is crashing the sound. The only way to get sound back is to completely restart the game.

Usually I just mute everyone and I feel this prevents this issue. 

Here's what I think is causing sound to go completely out during multiplayer:

1. Someone is using their microphone on their computer to overload the ME:A client with sound info causing your sound to go silence.

2. The aura field that Asari Adept give off may be overloading sound.

3. Too many explosions and other sounds around you at once can cause this.

I've tried everything to see what causes this problem. I've jus sat inside a doorway on my last play through on wave 3 and all of a sudden, sound goes out to complete silence.

Message 13 of 203 (5,082 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

PS4 Pro: So yesterday, I played several matches, and even though I had less Network Connection Errors, I had more on sound one match, next match no sound, then the next match I had sound, then the next match I had no sound: the on/off method, which all in all, sometimes is a good thing, when Kandros gets on my nerves, not hearing his voice is a blessing, but I can always turn off my sound on my tv, I don't need the game doing it for me. Fix...haha, what does any of these companies know about what that word means....

Message 14 of 203 (5,077 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This is happening for me too ... it´s infuriating. Have no idea what´s causing it.

Message 15 of 203 (5,022 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am playing on PC and also experience this issue.  My Multiplayer sound was just fine until the most recent patch.  I can Alt Tab and test my speakers with no issues (even open and run Media player and run music from there with no issues) - No recent updates on my machine at all.  I have to completely close and reopen ME:A to get sound back.

Message 16 of 203 (4,858 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I've lost sound in multiplayer on PS4 and Xbox one. At first, I feared it was my TV. However, soon realized it was the game. Very difficult to enjoy a great game without cues from sound. Hope it's patched soon.
Message 17 of 203 (4,758 Views)

★★ Guide

Somebody on the Discord told me that this is a very well documented issue with the Frostbite engine?

and that the exact same bug has existed since Battlefield 3?

I don't remember ever having the issue with Battlefield 3.

Is this true?

Message 18 of 203 (4,739 Views)

★★ Novice

Not sure how listening to Kelly Clarkson is supposed to help Wink , but sound has sporadically disappeared in both SP and MP for me - both before and after the 1.05 patch.  I don't have MSI Afterburner running (though it is installed).

Message 19 of 203 (4,720 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same, I can't hear anything but chat. I will happen anytime and the only fix I have found is a full restart.

Message 20 of 203 (4,680 Views)