latency issue with BFV Europe Servers on PS4

by amirholmes

Original Post

latency issue with BFV Europe Servers on PS4

★★★★ Novice

It has been 2 weeks since my last time I logged into my PS4 to  have a game on BFV, I usually use advanced search to get in a game. After updating the game to V 1.21, it was weird for me to see all Europe servers signals in red, my latency used to be 80-86ms maximum to Europe servers, and North America servers were in yellow, I tired to see if it's just something wrong with the graphic signs, I picked up a German server and the latency was 304ms! while in the North America servers it was 159ms almost 1 ms away from getting "the lead bullet sign", why I say it's weird? because according to the place where I'm living now, Saudi Arabia/Middle East, the European servers for me is more close than the North America ones .. my latency to NA servers usually around 180ms and up ..

I tried last night to have a game and I failed, also today the same issue.. I checked my connection speed through the playstation and through speedtest.net website on the playstation browser and both were good! I always use ports for EA games and DMZ always enabled for my PS4 static IP also UPnP. I have no issues with online gaming even with games from EA I was playing FIFA 19 with no issues at all all the night with my friends. I can't find an explanation for the latency results and I don't know where exactly the problem. 

UAE servers in Middle East also is a big mystery, they few, most of the time are full and my friends in Egypt for example always gets high latency to those servers more than their latency to the European servers while it's the same distance between their locations and the location of the servers in both zones!

Battlefield™ V_20190726150007.png

Battlefield™ V_20190726150033.png

Battlefield™ V_20190726150124.png

Battlefield™ V_20190726150100.png

My internet connection/speed test results

20190726144156.png

20190726143236.png

Message 1 of 11 (2,189 Views)

Re: latency issue with BFV Europe Servers on PS4

Community Manager

Thank you for alerting us, @amirholmes 

Does it improve if you reboot your network and power cycle the PS4? We'll make sure the team is aware of these reports, hoping to hear this helps get around that for you going into the weekend.

Connectivity Troubleshooting Steps

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Reboot the power to the modem/router

1. Unplug the power cable from your modem/router for 5-10 minutes to refresh the network.

PS4:

Power Cycle

1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
  2. Turn it back on after 1 minute. Launch the game.
Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 11 (2,169 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I forgot to say that i did all of that, hard report for all the devices by unplugging them for at least 10 minutes, I even did  "rebuild database" from the playstation safe mode .. double checked that the ports are working fine via Port Forward software for ports configuration and the screenshots were after I did that .. 

I just started the game now and the servers ping sign is back to green and the latency right now in the game 112ms, still higher than my normal rate but better than 304ms ofc.Battlefield™ V_20190727012005.png

Message 3 of 11 (2,158 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is another server and the latency is back to the normal range

Battlefield™ V_20190727012706.png

Battlefield™ V_20190727012722.png

Message 4 of 11 (2,154 Views)

Community Manager

@amirholmes 

Thanks for getting back to us. Any way you can run a UO Trace and attach the results in here so we can see what path your connection is taking to our servers? It's located in the connectivity troubleshooting steps I previously linked above.

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 11 (2,101 Views)

★★★★ Novice

that's it

Message 6 of 11 (2,062 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you. Can you try it one more time but use this IP Address instead of easo.ea.com:

I would like to see the results of your UO Trace connecting to a European server. It's normal to see ping rise when going across the pond to California but that's usually towards the end of the trace. I see ping variance over 200 after the 3rd hop which is concerning.

Do you play on WiFi?

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 11 (2,045 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I useLAN connection via cable for more stability, 
here is my UO Trace for 

I know that there is data loss in my data, but I'm totally satisfied with my latency range from 80ms to 91ms, the weird thing was my latency to Europe servers 304ms and North America servers 159ms

Message 8 of 11 (1,999 Views)

Community Manager

@amirholmes 

At hop 3 you start to get a ping worst of 236ms. Is there any way you can go to a dynamic IP to see if that improves connectivity?

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 11 (1,981 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well, I already set a static IP address for the PlayStation on my router, also I've enabled the DMZ for that IP and enabled port forwarding for it.. The latency is back to its normal level between 80ms to 88ms and the problem is gone. However, with every update the latency goes up again exceeding 100ms then it goes back to the normal level. 

Message 10 of 11 (1,974 Views)