Re: lagg

by EzyHawk

Original Post

Accepted Solution

lagg

★★ Novice

There are so many issues with this game, but i'll start with one of the most annoying.

I keep getting packet loss and prediction error icons when I'm playing which causes latency and stuttering movement basically its impossible to play.

The game never runs smooth...

I have a very high end gaming pc and also have good connection, 9ms Ping and 380 Download, so I know its not my connection.

Is anyone else having similar issues and what is EA doing to fix this? 

For a game that has been around as long as Apex, there shouldn't be this many issues, quite frankly its embarrassing and disappointing. 

Message 1 of 6 (340 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion
@CTRLR-GOD do you have discord overlay and hardware acceleration enabled in discord settings?
If yes, disable them.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (228 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

please give me the following info:
1: Verify MS/Ping to the server in game or here: https://gameserverping.com/apex
 (You can also post me an UOTrace by following this): https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

2: What OS / Build do you run?
3: are all of your drivers up-to-date ?
4. Do you have any third party softwares running (Anivirus, discord, firewall etc)?

> 4.1 Antivirus - Try to whitlist the game in your antivirus software and see if this helps.

>> 4.2 Discord - Disable discord overlay and hardware acceleration since they can cause an issue.

>>> 4.3 Firewall - Allow connections through the firewall

(Edit; Added "Disable" in Discord part).

Message 2 of 6 (300 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi EzyHawk,

Thank you so much for replying to this! 

1: Verify MS/Ping to the server in game - Please see attached with UOTrace results.  

2: What OS / Build do you run - Windows 10 
3: are all of your drivers up-to-date - Yes, always update to latest drivers. 
4. Do you have any third party softwares running (Anivirus, discord, firewall etc) - Discord sometimes

> 4.1 Antivirus - Try to whitlist the game in your antivirus software and see if this helps - Apex is removed from antivirus scans.

>> 4.2 Discord - Discord overlay and hardware acceleration since they can cause an issue - Not sure what this is?

>>> 4.3 Firewall - Allow connections through the firewall - Apex application is allowed through firewall.  

Really appreciate your help.

Message 3 of 6 (270 Views)

Champion
@CTRLR-GOD Discord is a text and VoIP application.
Okey, do you use wifi or cable?
Are your network shared with other users?
Lag all the time or only on some games?

Message 4 of 6 (249 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah I have Discord. 

I use cable connection.

Network is shared with everyone in the house but they do not take much bandwidth at all. 

Lag nearly every game to some extent, sometimes its maybe just a tiny bit for a few seconds, it just never runs completely smooth.

Message 5 of 6 (238 Views)

Champion
@CTRLR-GOD do you have discord overlay and hardware acceleration enabled in discord settings?
If yes, disable them.

Message 6 of 6 (229 Views)