keyboard does not work in game Star Wars Battlefront

by ChrisHall5

Original Post

Accepted Solution

keyboard does not work in game Star Wars Battlefront

★★★ Novice

Keyboard does not work in Star Wars Battlefront. I restart the computer, un-plug the keyboard and plug again. I even downloaded the latest drivers. My keyboard still does not work - only with Battlefront. Anybody else have this problem?

Message 1 of 48 (40,368 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: keyboard does not work in game Star Wars Battlefront

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @ShutUpNazeem

Can I suggest you to try to turn off Origin in Game for Star Wars: Battlefront? You can do it in the game Properties menu in Origin Library. Let me know if it helps.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png

View in thread

Message 16 of 48 (46,961 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@ChrisHall5 What's your keyboard make/model? Can you unplug any other usb devices from your machine, make sure it's just your mouse and keyboard?

I take it that the mouse is responsive?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 48 (40,304 Views)

★★★ Novice

The mouse works fine.

Message 3 of 48 (40,292 Views)

★★★ Novice

can you help with this problem?

Message 4 of 48 (40,291 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've got the same problem. I get to the opening screen. Mouse works fine, keyboard stops responding once in-game. No way to start the game. Done uninstalling, reinstalling, window maximizing, minimizing, etc., etc. Still no luck.

Message 5 of 48 (40,281 Views)

★★★ Novice

Keyboard is an HP. It works fine on everything but Battlefront.

Message 6 of 48 (40,267 Views)

★★★ Novice

I plugged the keyboard into different usb ports. I Changed keyboards to a Dell keyboard and restarted the computer. I still cannot start the game with a keyboard, it does not function. Please help. I paid good money for a game I cannot use.

Message 7 of 48 (40,264 Views)

★★★ Novice

EA Games, please help me fix the problem with your game I purchased. I need help, please. Shall I go to my Attorney General, instead?

Message 8 of 48 (40,254 Views)

Community Manager

@ChrisHall5 It seems clear that the issue isn't with the keyboard itself if swapping to a new one has no effect. Can you confirm that you removed all other USB devices from your system? Have you tried restarting your machine with a Clean Boot?

https://help.ea.com/tr/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

It's worth noting that AHQ is a peer-based help site, if you want direct support for your technical issue you can contact support: http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 48 (40,248 Views)

★★ Novice
I've the same problem but I've a notebook alienware 17 and the mouse works but the kayboard doesn't work only with star wars battlefront, all other games works!!! EA what happen??????? I can't remove USB keyboard in the notebook!!!!!!!
Message 10 of 48 (40,188 Views)