Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: just did a purple contract, did not get a masterwork...

by Lanfear0828

Original Post

just did a purple contract, did not get a masterwork...

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

It's all in the title. did something change as of the patch, do they no longer give MW? 

Also, I was under the impression that for one thing, when it dropped from those particular missions it would do so from the last boss, which nothing dropped from him. and for another I was under the impression that if for some reason you missed loot, at the end it would go out and find it for you, a la Destiny, so you wouldn't lose anything...

was I mistaken?

Edit: to be clear, at the end of the mission I did get a bunch of purples as the contract ended, so I do believe that system is intact. However, that is the only thing I can think of in regards to why I might not have gotten this one, that maybe it dropped somewhere and I didn't see it...

Message 1 of 7 (273 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Iusd2bded wrote:

It's all in the title. did something change as of the patch, do they no longer give MW? 

Also, I was under the impression that for one thing, when it dropped from those particular missions it would do so from the last boss, which nothing dropped from him. and for another I was under the impression that if for some reason you missed loot, at the end it would go out and find it for you, a la Destiny, so you wouldn't lose anything...

was I mistaken?

Edit: to be clear, at the end of the mission I did get a bunch of purples as the contract ended, so I do believe that system is intact. However, that is the only thing I can think of in regards to why I might not have gotten this one, that maybe it dropped somewhere and I didn't see it...

Where did you see that the legendary contracts guarantee masterworks drops?

Message 2 of 7 (257 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's still RNG, purple or not, the difficulty from Hard to GM1-3 is what sort of Masterwork items will drop, not the type of contract, the higher the difficulty the better chance you have to get a Masterwork but even then you might run a GM2 and only get epic loot.

Message 3 of 7 (244 Views)

★★★★ Novice

interesting. I guess I just thought i heard it, but didn't actually. As far as I can find, no one from bioware actually said theyre guaranteed to drop them. my mistake

Message 4 of 7 (234 Views)

★★ Guide

excuse me. what is your power score :o ?

Message 5 of 7 (231 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I recommend closing this post and marking as “solved”, seeing as your question has been answered and you’ve been informed there is no guaranteed masterwork drop for doing Legendary contracts.
Message 6 of 7 (225 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Newbie

Masterwork items are only guaranteed to drop from the end bosses in the Strongholds, not the Contracts

Message 7 of 7 (141 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help