Re: jedi fallen order rtx 2080 super very low framerate

by OsirisTheVile

Original Post

Accepted Solution

jedi fallen order rtx 2080 super very low framerate

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

With a RTX 2080 Super, i5 9600k CPU and 16GB of RAM, I'm getting frame rates at 30fps or lower - running at epic quality 1440p resolution. I've tried doing a clean graphics driver install, tweaking all the video settings in-game but nothing seems to make a difference. Lowering the resolution to 1080p, lowering the quality settings from epic to medium, playing around with the frame rate limiter, vsync on/off, fullscreen or windowed, the game always sticks to this very low frame rate - which would indicate that there is some problem in the game rather than with my system. GPU usage hovers around 30% usage. See attached screenshot which shows an overlay of hardware usage and fps.

Message 1 of 14 (10,816 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Turned out the issue was with "Acronis Active Protection" that comes with Acronis True Image 2019. If I add the game folder to its exclusions list, then I get good FPS around 100-120.

View in thread

Message 4 of 14 (10,722 Views)

All Replies

@EightBallFTW  I moved your post to the Jedi Fallen Order tech section.  It would be useful to the helpers here if you could run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 14 (10,778 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having same-ish problem.

My details. Attached dxdiag also

Runs at around 28 fps on average in game. over 100 in menus.

I have an i7 7700, cpu usage is 20% when in game

I have an rtx 2070, gpu usage is at 40% when gaming

16GB memory, using 6.5 when gaming

Lowest setting, <even 1024x 768> all the way to epic/max settings, 1920x1080, runs at 28 fps normal in world, still over 100 in menus. FPS cap is set to 144

All drivers updated, Shadowplay off. Windows updated.

Closed origin launcher, no change.

Bought from steam, closed that launcher, it closed the game.

Weird thing was, when I installed it and played it at midnight when the game could be played. I was running at least 60 fps. Was thinking the game looked and ran great. closed game, went to bed, got up, started it back up. Bad fps now

Message 3 of 14 (10,761 Views)

★★★ Novice

Turned out the issue was with "Acronis Active Protection" that comes with Acronis True Image 2019. If I add the game folder to its exclusions list, then I get good FPS around 100-120.

Message 4 of 14 (10,723 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EightBallFTW This was indeed the culprit. Thank you so much for figuring that out! :D
Message 5 of 14 (10,649 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I could hug you! I recently bought Acronis to clone my new 970 Evo Plus. I was all excited about my new M.2 drive but was getting awful frame rates on Fallen Order. Turning off Active Protection immediately fixed the issue. YES!

Message 6 of 14 (10,015 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@TheRover89 why would you use Acronis? its bloatware that does nothing useful for your computer.

Why would you need to clone your rig? you a virus tester?
Message 7 of 14 (9,955 Views)

★ Apprentice
@OsirisTheVile I have Acronis. It is a backup, recovery and antivirus protection software.
Message 8 of 14 (8,518 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EightBallFTW I cant believe this was what was doing it. I had 10 fps, turned off acronis, 115 fps
Message 9 of 14 (8,367 Views)

★ Apprentice

You could disable it to look at certain folders and files. My fps has been from 50 to 130 at 1440p with most settings set to epic. The only settings that aren't set to epic is to lowest post processing and anti aliasing. I got 1070ti, 48GB ram and Amd Ryzen 1600 overclocked to 3.7ghz

Message 10 of 14 (8,362 Views)