installation error battlefiled V

by Bossel1969

Original Post

Accepted Solution

installation error battlefiled V

★★ Novice

Just got a new update to PC version of Battlefiled V and as normal it it starts to installing the game. After some time it pop up a window saying that I have to answer Yes to some windows questions (allowing it to do system changes). The only option I have is to close the window, after that nothing more happens...
I have tried not to close the window and the same result. Turn off local anti-virus and firewall and still the same result, anyone that might have a suggestion on how to solve this issue?

Message 1 of 9 (1,616 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: installation error battlefiled V

★★ Novice

Hi and thanks,

I'm not done with everything yet but can give an quick update.

There is a new update (was running 10.5.56 before and are now on 10.5.57) for Origin so I have updated that first without any success but the update for Battlefield have change from being around 85 GB and are now down to under 1 GB.

It is also extremely slow (4-135 KB/sec) and not even close to my normal speed that is around 7-10 MB/sec. This means that I'm not sure when it will be finalized...

If the "new" smaller update don't work I will remove Battlefield V and do a new installation of.

Will let you know as soon as step one or two are done!

View in thread

Message 3 of 9 (1,572 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I had the same - never a problem beforehand.  I tried deleting the Origin Cache as noted in many places but that totally caused issues with the Origin frontend.  I tried un-installing BFV and re-install with the same error.   Then I un-installed/re-installed Origin and BFV is now downloading.

In summary I would try removing the Origin front-end and re-installing first BEFORE removing BFV unless you have decent internet (85GB download).

Message 2 of 9 (1,585 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi and thanks,

I'm not done with everything yet but can give an quick update.

There is a new update (was running 10.5.56 before and are now on 10.5.57) for Origin so I have updated that first without any success but the update for Battlefield have change from being around 85 GB and are now down to under 1 GB.

It is also extremely slow (4-135 KB/sec) and not even close to my normal speed that is around 7-10 MB/sec. This means that I'm not sure when it will be finalized...

If the "new" smaller update don't work I will remove Battlefield V and do a new installation of.

Will let you know as soon as step one or two are done!

Message 3 of 9 (1,573 Views)

★★ Novice

It worked after the Origin update so it must have been a bug :-/ 

Message 4 of 9 (1,567 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same Issue, after pre the update is not starting and the same pop up window comes out "waiting for permission"....

I have tried update the origin but I have the same problem.

Message 5 of 9 (1,549 Views)

★★ Novice

I had to uninstall Origin and reinstall it and after that it worked for me.

Message 6 of 9 (1,545 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Bossel1969 Thank you,
I have tried too but another pop up window says " Windows blocked our attempt to download game content. If you'd like to allow Origin to download content to your computer, select "Retry" below. When prompted, grant permission within the User Account Control pop-up.".
Message 7 of 9 (1,533 Views)

★★ Novice

Do you see if the upgrade now is close to 1 GB or if it is still the larger?

Have you rebooted your PC between the upgrade?

Message 8 of 9 (1,519 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

You should not have to disable your firewall or anti-virus. If it worked for you before, then it should work again. All modern software and hardware firewalls will accommodate internet access for Battlefield V.

Message 9 of 9 (1,509 Views)