Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Game Menu
In which game menu were you when the bug occurred? Start/launch screen
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen?
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 12.12.19
Summarize your bug When I try to start up the game on my PS4, the starting screen picture displays like usual, then the black loading screen appears with the BFV loading icon in the top right corner spinning, but it stays stuck on this black loading screen infinitely, so I can't even reach the start screen where it prompts you to "press x" to load into the actual main user screen. It started happening last night with no change so far today. I've tried everything I could think of, including: – Left it alone on the loading screen for about 1 hour (no change at all) – Cleared PS4 cache – Deleted save profile/data for the game – Rebuilt PS4 database – uninstalled and reinstalled the game – started game, then disconnected network in PS4 settings, then went back into game (no change at all) – disconnected controller while on loading screen (again, zero change) – checked internet (it's working perfectly) – while on loading screen, tried pressing each button on controller, tried holding "x", tried holding "start button" (zero change) – tried booting game with different user profile on my PS4 (exact same thing still happens though) – Restored licenses – double-checked system storage, and there's still over 100gb of free space It's strange that this happened starting last night since I could play after 5.2 patch released, but it randomly not working anymore only since last night seems weird to me.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure. All I do is launch the game from my PS4 home screen, and it happens every time. The game is digital (not disc) if that makes any difference.
What happens when the bug occurs? Infinite black loading screen when trying to launch the game, so I can't play any of the game at all.
What should be happening instead? The game loads the start screen properly so I can actually play it.

Attached a video of the endless loading screen that appears immediately after launching the game.

Message 1 of 5 (534 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Infinite Loading Screen at Launch

EA DICE Team

Sorry for the delay on this, do you have a 4g device at home and try to use it as a network device for your PS4 also make sure that 4g device is not connected to the wifi. @KaizokuShoujo 

/Atic 

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (417 Views)

All Replies

Infinite Loading Screen at Launch

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

When I try to start up the game on my PS4, the starting screen picture displays like usual, then the black loading screen appears with the BFV loading icon in the top right corner spinning, but it stays stuck on this black loading screen infinitely, so I can't even reach the start screen where it prompts you to "press x" to load into the actual main user screen.

It started happening last night with no change so far today. I've tried everything I could think of, including:

– Left it alone on the loading screen for about 1 hour (no change at all)
– Cleared PS4 cache
– Deleted save profile/data for the game
– Rebuilt PS4 database
– uninstalled and reinstalled the game
– started game, then disconnected network in PS4 settings, then went back into game (no change at all)
– disconnected controller while on loading screen (again, zero change)
– checked internet (it's working perfectly)
– while on loading screen, tried pressing each button on controller, tried holding "x", tried holding "start button" (zero change)
– tried booting game with different user profile on my PS4 (exact same thing still happens though)
– Restored licenses
– double-checked system storage, and there's still over 100gb of free space

It's strange that this happened starting last night since I could play after 5.2 patch released, but it randomly not working anymore only since last night seems weird to me. I posted this as a bug report too, but wanted to see if I could get any advice in this section as well. Any help would be super appreciated, thanks!

Message 2 of 5 (536 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hello @KaizokuShoujo  sorry to hear about the issues you have with Battlefield V! Thank you for so much details it helps a lot. Standard smile  

Have you tried to clear local and cloud saves and also do install on the integrated hard drive or is a external driver? 

/Atic 

Message 3 of 5 (456 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Atic I did try clearing saves from both local and cloud saves, but it didn't help. Also, it's installed on my internal hard drive so it couldn't be that either, unfortunately.

I had played the game successfully even after the most recent update (5.2), but didn't enjoy the new gunplay very much so I took a break to play Battlefield 1, then when I returned to BFV just 2-3 days later is when the issue started. Given this, I even tried deleting Battlefield 1 and its saves in the desperate hope maybe that would fix it which it didn't.
Message 4 of 5 (445 Views)

EA DICE Team

Sorry for the delay on this, do you have a 4g device at home and try to use it as a network device for your PS4 also make sure that 4g device is not connected to the wifi. @KaizokuShoujo 

/Atic 

Message 5 of 5 (418 Views)