igoproxy64.exe System Error - MSVCP120.dll is missing

by coldwetn0se

Original Post

Accepted Solution

igoproxy64.exe System Error - MSVCP120.dll is missing

★★★★ Novice

Specs:

Windows 10 (clean install on new SSD, last week)

GTX970 FTW

AMD FX8350

Origin did an auto update, when I clicked to open it today. Signed in, after the Sign-in prompt finally loaded, and I got a system error, saying the MSVCP120.dll was missing. Not that it matters, but everything had been working beautifully, since I had installed Windows 10 and Origin, last week. This is a brand new build, and currently has only Windows 10, Origin and DA:Inquisition installed.

Normally I would not state the following, but I will not mess around in the registry, so please no instructions that include those as required steps. This is my second time reinstalling everything on this new build, because the original HDD I installed, turned out to be a lemon. Bought an SSD (and a new backup HDD) and basically started from scratch.

Any help or fixes from Origin, would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 25 (56,921 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: igoproxy64.exe System Error - MSVCP120.dll is missing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@coldwetn0se :eahigh_file:

If you know that you have one to download Standard smile then download .

If you don't know for sure what you are doing Wink then download all of them , because it installs only the one that you don't haveStandard smile

Now you understand why I told you to do so ?! Angel I am here as they help you out if I can , and not to get confused.

All my best.Party hat

@yahel_1
I am just a gamer wich trying to help another gamer.
I do not work for EA.

Spoiler
My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.

Retired champion.

View in thread

Message 7 of 25 (61,868 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hello @coldwetn0se

Install this http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=40784  choose the version that you  don't have installed .

Restart your Pc and you should be fine .

All my best.Standard smile

@yahel_1
I do not work for EA.

Spoiler

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 25 (56,874 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay. If I could get a bit more information, that would be appreciated. Your instructions say "choose the one you don't have". From what list, exactly?

Message 3 of 25 (56,859 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So while waiting, I looked around my Origin folder, and saw near the bottom of the main folder: vcredist_x64 and vcredist_x86. When I then clicked on the "Download" button, from the Microsoft.com link that you posted, it appears that the three files that are listed are the two mentioned above, and one called: vcredist_arm.exe.

Am I meant to just download and install vcredist_arm.exe then?

Message 4 of 25 (56,852 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@coldwentn0se  hmmm...Thinking

vcredist_arm.exe / vcredist_x64.exe / vcredist_x86.exeRaised eyebrow Just in case , download all of them and install.

Retired champion.
Message 5 of 25 (56,849 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Wait, what? Even though I just showed that I have the x64 and x86 executables, you are telling me I should download all three? So I shouldn't just pick the one that is missing (the vcredist_arm.exe)? Any idea why?

Message 6 of 25 (56,843 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@coldwetn0se :eahigh_file:

If you know that you have one to download Standard smile then download .

If you don't know for sure what you are doing Wink then download all of them , because it installs only the one that you don't haveStandard smile

Now you understand why I told you to do so ?! Angel I am here as they help you out if I can , and not to get confused.

All my best.Party hat

@yahel_1
I do not work for EA.

Spoiler

Retired champion.
Message 7 of 25 (61,869 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried to download just the one that was missing from the Origin folder (the vcredist_arm.exe), but when it tried to install it said it cannot run on my platform (Windows 10).

Message 8 of 25 (56,825 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I ended up marking all of them for download, and did a repair on the x86 (since install wasn't an option). The x64 - even though it was listed as installed in the Origin folder - did give me the option to "Install", which I did. The vcredist_arm.exe though, still won't install for Windows 10.

HOWEVER, it did end up solving my problem.

@yahel_1 I will mark your post for "Solution", but I might suggest that you  add info regarding the .exe that doesn't work on Windows 10 (since some one else may see what I did), and that people should just set to download all of them, instead of choose from the list.

Thank you for your help.

Message 9 of 25 (56,807 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

We're welcome Standard smile @coldwetn0se

Thank you for your suggestion ,in the future I'll keep in mind sheWink

All my best.Standard smile

@yahel_1
I do not work for EA.

Spoiler

Retired champion.
Message 10 of 25 (56,709 Views)