by 0nikx

Original Post

Re: iPhone 11 Pro Max Performance

★ Apprentice
Message 51 of 63 (1,111 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@yasonfyehald Hi there, we retested the game today on iPhone 11 Pro Max and didn't notice any performance issues.
@EA_HighCommand uses an iPhone 11 Pro on a daily basis and didn't notice any performance issues even after continuously playing the game for a few hours.

You can try the following to see if it improves performance:
- Make sure your iOS version is up to date
- Regularly restart your device
- Never leave the game running in the background (once you are done playing, force close the app; don't minimize it in the background)
- While playing the game, make sure there are no other apps running in the background
- If you use any sort of VPN app, try disabling it and see if it affects performance in game
- If you haven't reinstalled the game in a while, try reinstalling every few months
- Make sure you are connected to a strong and stable network (especially when playing battles in GAC, TW, TB)

Let me know if any of these steps works.
Thank you.

Message 52 of 63 (1,081 Views)

★ Novice

I have been dealing with this same performance issue ever since I upgraded to the new iPhone 11 Pro. I had tried everything except for deleting and reinstalling the game. After do this, the issue so far seems now to be resolved. I’m cautiously optimistic at this point.

Message 53 of 63 (1,023 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi @CG_MindTricks!

I have been through the ringer of testing every trick in the book. I’ve contacted your support staff and opened 4 tickets and this issue has not been resolved. The issue persists even if it is subdued by a restart or an uninstall and reinstall. I went as far as to blame Apple and the Genius Bar associate and his colleagues insisted it was software related. There must be something wrong in the code and I encourage you to take this back to the engineers and open a high priority ticket.

The length of this issue is approaching a years time and in the software world, that is unacceptable. Please let us know what steps you’re taking to help resolve these issues.  Communication and transparency would be much obliged.

Thanks in advance!

Message 54 of 63 (1,003 Views)

★ Novice

Well uninstalling and reinstalling seems to be only a temporary fix unfortunately. I am having to do this every few days to keep the game running somewhat smoothly.  So... this problem remains unresolved... >.<

Message 55 of 63 (862 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue on my SE (second gen). So it seams to be a problem with a13 chipset, rather then with iphone 11.

Message 56 of 63 (775 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yep, same for me, very frustrating. Was not expecting to upgrade from a 4 year old phone that runs the game perfectly to a brand new phone with one of best chips around and have significantly worse performance. Disappointed

Message 57 of 63 (708 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've just bought a new iPhone 11 and seem to be having the same problem as everyone else. The game ran perfectly on my old iPhone 8 but now you can feel the back of the iPhone 11 heating up instantaneously after opening the SWGOH app. Lag in battles/raids can vary between being probably 90% normal down to almost completely unplayable. If I'm trying to charge my phone at the same time, the phone gets so hot that it doesn't feel safe to use - a problem I never had with my old iPhone 8.

Not getting my hopes up that this will ever be fixed having read through this thread... I've tried every reset/uninstall-reinstall trick in the book and nothing makes the slighest difference.

Message 58 of 63 (568 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@CG_MindTricks or @CG_SBCrumb  or @EA_HighCommand I was wondering if anyone could provide an update on this software bug. There are plenty of cases where users are experiencing these issues. I just want to know if this is being looked at.

Message 59 of 63 (493 Views)

★ Novice
@CG_MindTricks Imagine this being the level of support you offer given the money people are paying to play this game.

Do you think the hundreds of users here, and the hundreds of users on Reddit and other forums are just lying that it’s extremely laggy?

My iPhone is brand new, fully updated, recently installed SWGOH and the lag is insane.

If you aren’t able to replicate it then you aren’t doing something right.
Message 60 of 63 (447 Views)