Re: iPhone 11 Pro Max Performance

by cantfoome

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

This is becoming a real pain now, it feels like we’re all being dismissed... the crazy thing is when it’s super laggy and overheating if you turn on ‘screen record’ it runs a lot better, so can’t even capture just how buggy it is on video, I had to record using another device to show just how bad the performance is yet I’ve heard nothing back except that there is no problem...

there was a client update this morning through the App Store which I was hopeful about, but nope. No different! 
growing sick of it now

Message 41 of 63 (947 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Palanthrax @thegryffanlong Same here, I've got an iPhone 11 and things like Arena, GA are really laggy, on my iPhone 8 it was fine. I've opened a case about it.
Message 42 of 63 (867 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

new iPhone 11, horrible lag compared to 7 plus, can barely play most battles. weirdly it was fine when i first installed, but I'm on day 4 or 5 and it's just terrible. reinstalled the app and it didn't do anything. I do switch accounts a lot, maybe that has something to do with it?

Message 43 of 63 (846 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_HighCommand - Can you please provide an update on this?  It's hard to believe this is not a priority on EA's list for the last 6 months.  It impacts the games performance and damages the phone from excessive heat.  I opened a second ticket with you guys and it has been closed without an answer.  What is the status of this?

Message 44 of 63 (836 Views)

★★ Novice

Just made the upgrade to an iPhone 11 today because my old phone had a bad battery. And upon my first battle on my new phone, it became very hot and lagged so bad. I CANNOT believe this is an issue with the best hardware Apple has to offer. 

I’m literally became sick to my stomach when I seen this thread, having such a large widespread issue. Please tell me CG or EA is working on this. SWGOH is literally unplayable on my iPhone 11.

Message 45 of 63 (714 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have contacted EA support 3 times and unfortunately, no answers, solutions or help.  I've contacted Apple and they can't help push the developer to do anything, so we're really at the mercy of EA Developer Support here.  Sorry to say folks, if they can't support something that interrupts game play and improve phone performance, then we're dead in the water. 

Only suggestion I have is throw more cases at them by contacting support, but It's like throwing spaghetti at a wall greased with oil, it ain't sticking!

Message 46 of 63 (695 Views)

★★ Novice

I knew when they diverted SWGOH to this separate EA forum it was doomed. I hoped I’d never run into any issues, especially with what’s considered a top tier phone.

The fact that they can’t replicate the issue is alarming. There’s plenty of response to this thread to prove that the iPhone 11 (all models) are cooking its insides and lagging very badly. I’d be happy to ship them my phone and have them try to play firsthand. 

Message 47 of 63 (674 Views)

★ Novice

I’d just like to add my experience too. I upgraded from iPhone 8 plus to 11 pro Max and noticed the very first day that the app made the phone get hot and drive the battery down very fast. Just looked at the battery use on both phones and I went from 23% on the 8 to 64% on the 11 Pro Max! Something is definitely going on, because I never spend more than 2h top a day on the app

Message 48 of 63 (609 Views)

★ Apprentice

Any update on this @CG_MindTricks ?  This bug makes the game unplayable at times (and often it's at critical times like in a Sith raid, or GAC, or TB)...What't the plan to correct this, and what are your thoughts on this?  Thank you.

Message 49 of 63 (531 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
Message 50 of 63 (530 Views)