Re: iPhone 11 Pro Max Performance

by Akastair

Original Post

iPhone 11 Pro Max Performance

★★★★★ Novice

Latest version of IOS, previous phone was iPhone 7. The frame rate is terrible, the device is visibly struggling and overheating. I would have expected the latest iPhone to perform better, but it’s many times worse.

My iPad runs the game perfectly, same IOS version (PadOS).

Other games, more graphically intensive, run perfectly on my iPhone 11, so I believe this is an issue with SWGOH and the iPhone 11’s hardware specifically.

Message 1 of 63 (5,420 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey,

those performance Issues are already known by the studio. Therefore they release an update next week, that is trying to resolve some Issues. Because there are some Issues that need further Investigation, they have also implanted something that helps the, to detect the exact problem and then release a second update for the fixes.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/215083/tentative-title-update-next-week#l...

For now we have to wait. But as mentioned before , some problems won’t be fixed with the update as further investigation is needed.

Regards.

Message 2 of 63 (5,353 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I’m afraid this problem is not resolved. Although the frame rate improved slightly, it is still noticeably slower on my iPhone 11 Pro Max than it was on my iPhone 7. This is very poor, considering that the game is capped at 30 FPS anyway.

The iPhone 11 has significantly faster hardware than the iPhone 7, other games run smoothly even at 60 FPS where supported.

Please do the necessary testing on the iPhone 11 and find the cause of the poor performance. It’s the flagship iPhone, it should deliver the ultimate performance.

Message 3 of 63 (5,252 Views)

★★ Novice

had the same issue with iphone pro max. FPS drops a ton during fights and it seems to drain the battery as well

Phone is only a couple of days old, my guild mates has the same issue as well

No issue with other games even with my old iphone 8 plus which was upgraded to ios 13

Message 4 of 63 (5,228 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am experiencing similar lag on my iPhone 11 Pro.  Previous phone was an iPhone XS and performance was fine under both iOS 12 & 13. 

Problem is worst in raids but definitely see bizarre lag in other battles.  

Message 5 of 63 (5,209 Views)

★★ Novice

This is still an issue on the iPhone 11 as well. Extreme stutter and graphical lag in all combat situations.

Message 6 of 63 (5,140 Views)

★ Novice

I have the iPhone 11, just got it yesterday after upgrading from an iPhone 7 plus and I am noticing the same lag.  The touch seems to be off as well, I have to hit buttons a certain way for them to take effect.  There is no longer a touch sensitive screen on the newer iphones but for some reason the game is still acting as though there is? 

Message 7 of 63 (5,082 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have been recommended these steps by the customer support but none of it has helped.

1. Make sure your device is up-to-date
2. Make sure your app is up-to-date
3. Restart the app
4. Close background apps
5. Power cycle your phone
6. Clear your cache to check if you're synced properly

The thing I have not tried yet because I don’t know anyone with the new iPhone who would be willing to troubleshoot this for half an hour doing this:

1)Attempt to play the game on your account on a friend’s device. It is very important you ensure you are logged into your account on another machine.

2)Attempt to play the game on a friend’s account on your own device.

Has anyone heard about a fix yet? 

Message 8 of 63 (4,986 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is Dec 1st and definitely some lagging on SWGOH. None of my other games lag at all

Message 9 of 63 (4,940 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What a joke. Flagship phone from Apple and the game lags on deciding when to attack ... this is just a joke. Anybody home there with a brain that can fix this?

Message 10 of 63 (4,910 Views)