Re: i7-9700k 100% CPU usage

by TheLocalTroll

Original Post

i7-9700k 100% CPU usage

★ Apprentice

My CPU (i7-9700k) is constantly at 100% usage while playing BF5. Thats why my game stutters sometimes and my mouse feels not precise. It would be nice if someone could help me to solve the problem. GPU: RTX 2070 Super RAM: 2x8GB 3200mhz CPU cooler: Corsair h100x

Message 1 of 41 (8,678 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Few things that can cause this?

-make sure windows is not updating ,defragment / trimming, no virus scanner or background apps etc. run 

-reset the BFV graphics configuration

-install intel chipset driver

-update motherboard BIOS

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 2 of 41 (8,647 Views)

★ Apprentice

@XTRA-Larsiano  I tried everything, but nothing worked. My BIOS is updated and i installed intel chipset driver...

Message 3 of 41 (8,621 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Thats a shame it did not help. Could you please try a Windows cleanboot and post your DXdiag?

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 4 of 41 (8,619 Views)

★ Apprentice

@XTRA-Larsiano Here is my File, Windows cleanboot didnt work. 

Message 5 of 41 (8,608 Views)

★★★★ Guide

What is your GPU usage at in BF5?

Message 6 of 41 (8,562 Views)

★ Apprentice

@TheLocalTroll How do I find that out?

Message 7 of 41 (8,546 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

The same way you figure out the cpu usage.

Either through windows task manager or a third party software like HWmonitor, HWinfo etc...

The point here is to see if your gpu usage is low which is a known problem and causes the cpu to go overboard.

If you have a low gpu usage then google for that. Its hundreds of posts with that problem for Battlefield franchise and lots of things to try.

Message 8 of 41 (8,544 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@TheLocalTroll My GPU usage is low, do have some quick advice? Thank you for your help!

Message 9 of 41 (8,531 Views)

★★★★ Guide

As I have never experienced this myself I dont have any verified solutions however if you search for "low GPU usage battlefield" or similar you will find lots of threads talking about this issues with many possible solutions. Just skip the threads where people have old cpu's bottlenecking the system since your system is very good.

Some things you can try is to mix up which directx version you are using and turn future frame rating on or off. If you are on dx12 now, try to switch FFR on and off and see if it does anything. If not, then switch to DX11 and do the same thing with FFR and see if it changes anything.

If that doesnt work then you need to to some search but some solutions involves making and set a future frame rate limit either in nvidia control panel or in battlefield console. Its the same as the FFR setting but you can control it better in console/nvidia control panel. 

Other things is to make sure you have latest windows build, latest bios, latest drivers etc and that you do not have anything cpu intensive running in the background. I know some people have had issues with running shadowplay while playing. But this may end up in a troubleshoot effort for you unfortunately.

Message 10 of 41 (8,485 Views)