Original Post

i got this when my game crashed

★ Guide

does anyone know what it meanscrash.png

Message 1 of 15 (515 Views)

Re: i got this when my game crashed

Community Manager

Hey @g1g2_mozo

It looks like something happened that caused Apex Legends to stop responding, so Windows shut down the application. What was happening in-game when it crashed? Were you in a match? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 15 (467 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Kent i believe i was picking a legend when this happend, another when i was playing in game, randomly.
Message 3 of 15 (457 Views)

Community Manager

Gotcha. The issues with the game crashing after Legend select is actually something that the Apex Legends team is currently investigating and working to get sorted out. If it crashed during a match, though, that might be due to something else. 

Have you had a chance to try repairing the game in Origin to see if that helps at all? If there's any sort of corrupted or missing data in the game installation that may help. If you right-click on Apex Legends in your Origin Library you should see a Repair option in the menu that comes up. Let me know if that helps at all.

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 15 (452 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Kent i tried everything to fix the crashing mid game, it's the same 100% cpu usage bug that was fixed but later reintroduced in the duo update, i even gave videos to your team in this post https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Game-freeze-Not-responding/m-p/8448668#M56675 and then they disapeared without any update
but atm am able to play using game booster which for some reason stops the crash, except for a couple that i get here and there similar to those in this post
so yeah that's the only fix i was able to find on my end, i just thought this reliability report could help narrow it down
Message 5 of 15 (420 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_Kenthere's an interesting update, so i started to play today and the game kept crashing each match even with game booster on, so i tried to restart the game and that didn't work , i then restarted my pc and that also didn't work, but then i decided to turn off my router and then turn it on and then the game stopped crashing.

so yeah im not sure whats that about

here some background info about where i live: electricity isn't 24/24 so it turns off and then it switches to generator power and when that switch happens everything turns off including the router. so im guessing that when the router turns off then on, after that the game stops crashing for a while and is also why i get crashes at times and at other times i don't

now what's wrong here i have zero idea

Message 6 of 15 (394 Views)

Community Manager

@g1g2_mozo 

That is definitely interesting. It does sound like rebooting the router is likely having an effect on your connection. I wonder if flushing the DNS on your PC might help. For more info on how you can do that check out the PC Connection Troubleshooting article over at the EA Help site. 

Let me know if you're still running into the same issues afterward. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 7 of 15 (360 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Kent yeah i just flushed, now wither it works or not guess have to play until i either crash or not crash, but nevertheless thank you for responding and will be sure to update here.

side question: wouldn't reinstalling my windows auto flush my dns or is that handled differently, cause i have reinstalled windows twice sense this crashing happened.
Message 8 of 15 (348 Views)

★ Guide

nope just crashed again at a 6 kills game and was to get more, im so angry right now so excuse me

Message 9 of 15 (329 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for giving it a shot. When you have a chance can you run a UO Trace for me so we can take a detailed look at your connection? That will let us see if there's anything happening in between your PC and the servers. If there are any issues coming up we should be able to spot them. 

For more info on how to run the test check out the How to Run a UO Trace section of the connection troubleshooting article over at the EA Help site. Just a heads-up, the results will show your IP address so if you would rather send them to me in a private message that's totally fine. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 10 of 15 (296 Views)