I forgot my EA Account security question

by michciu961

Original Post

Re: i forgot my security question on origin and i can't change my name.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Dont forget EA is [Comment Removed - Admin.]. If you want to change your password when logged in and forgot your Security Question do the following: Simply logout from Origin and click "Can't access your account?". Fill in your e-mail and look your e-mail inbox. I had the same issue. Its kinda [Comment Removed - Admin.] that when you are "Logged in" they need more info while you are not xD

Message 11 of 384 (79,980 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Message 12 of 384 (79,759 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

The sytem where we need our security qnswer to reset our password/username/security answer is so [Comment Removed - Admin.] FIX IT in the next version of Origin or insert a button called "Use password instead of security answer" that's could be the most best thing that you can do with Origin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 13 of 384 (79,687 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@PILOU7 wrote:

The sytem where we need our security qnswer to reset our password/username/security answer is so [Comment Removed - Admin.] FIX IT in the next version of Origin or insert a button called "Use password instead of security answer" that's could be the most best thing that you can do with Origin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Jeremy974_US The purpose of a security question is increased security for you and your account. Eliminating it would jeopardize our efforts to help you in keeping your account secure.

If you are having any issues at any time, please reach out to an EA Game Advisor, who will happily assist you: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new

This article here describes how: https://help.ea.com/article/welcome-to-the-new-and-improved-ea-help-center#2

Log in with your Origin account and choose a "Product", "Category" and "Platform" to see all available contact options.

If there is no phone support or live chat available at the time, please scroll down below the Answer HQ box to check our live support availability for your region.

Thank you,

Nils

Message 14 of 384 (79,685 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This system is useless VALVe understand it by not putting this system on thair platform copy on them and DO NOT TRY TO BE ORIGINAL!

And THERE WAS BEEN 3 **bleep** HOURS THAT I'M WAITING TO HAVE A GAME ADVISOR ON A LIVE CHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 15 of 384 (79,676 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Maximum security lol... If there was no security question there would be no problems like that, i forgot my answer too. BECAUSE I DON'T USE ONE WHEN I LOG IN. I use my password. Oh, and even on Yahoo if you know your password you can reset you "security question" .

Message 16 of 384 (79,537 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hahaha its not increasing security its making it easier for hackers to hack your account

my account was hacked by some random russian dude and now i cant change anything on my profile because he has changed the question

that means every time i change my password he can get acces to my account with thequestion

Message 17 of 384 (78,884 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same here i forgot the answer and i want to change my name

it really sucks **bleep** D:

Message 18 of 384 (78,289 Views)

★ Apprentice

Oh please! why would do that to your own users! we have our passwords, we have our emails, why?, just why?, security questions have been proven to be more harmful than secure as people usually put very obtainable data there.

You are doing it wrong, very wrong...

Now I can't change a thing on my profile...

Message 19 of 384 (77,728 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@toack wrote:

we have our passwords, we have our emails, why?, just why?, security questions have been proven to be more harmful than secure as people usually put very obtainable data there.

This.

If you're gonna use a security question, use it properly. It's supposed to be a backup for when you forget your password and need to reset it (ironically, this is the one thing you can still do without your security question!), not to be used as another primary password. Since I use a password manager and security questions are a flawed security measure to say the least, I punched in a random string of characters as the answer.

Update 1: Only option on this was calling the hotline. Average wait time: 45 minutes. I give up.

Update 2: I gave it another try and got through after 30 minutes: They send you a code to your registered email-address and have you confirm it on the phone. After that, they set a new security question that you can then change. Why this can't just be done with a "send reset code"-button in Origin is beyond me.

Message 20 of 384 (74,060 Views)