i cant use m

by Neonlobs12

Original Post

Accepted Solution

i cant use m

★★ Novice

Hello, I just switched to apex legends on pc to ps4 and since i switched i cant use my ps4 controller, basically what happens is that in the menu i can only use my right stick as the menu cursor and i cant use any other other button and in a match a cant use any button at all i can only use my right stick to look around but only when i hold down the center button on the controller.

does anyone have a fix for this if yes plz help

Ps: I play on steam with a ps4 controller.

Message 1 of 8 (411 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: i cant use m

Community Manager
@Neonlobs12 Does this happens if you use m&k on PC, or is there a second controller you can test?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (371 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@Neonlobs12 Does this happens if you use m&k on PC, or is there a second controller you can test?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 8 (372 Views)

★★ Novice

I have already tried using a second controller it has the same issue

And pardon me byt what do u mean by m&k

Message 3 of 8 (368 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Neonlobs12

It sounds like there might be an issue with the Steam configuration for PS4 controllers. Can you try something for me when you have the chance? 

Open up your Steam Settings and then go to Controller. From there go to General Controller Settings, and see if the option for PlayStation Configuration Support is checked. If it is, try unchecking it then launch Apex Legends and see if that helps. 

Let me know it goes when you can. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 8 (367 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Kent ok ill try it right now and tell u if it works.
Message 5 of 8 (364 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_KentPlayStation Configuration Support was checked so i unchecked it but it still didint work. when im in game all the button hints in menu and in game dont change the cursor changes into the controller version but it still shows keyboard buttons for the button hints so maybe the game is not detecting the controller.

Message 6 of 8 (360 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Kent umm u still there?
Message 7 of 8 (352 Views)

Community Manager

@Neonlobs12 

Do you have any other devices connected besides the mouse & keyboard and this controller? If so, can you try disconnecting all the other devices to see if that makes any difference? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 8 (304 Views)