Re: how to remove origin overlay

by BenShapiro69420

Original Post

Accepted Solution

how to remove origin overlay

★★★★ Novice

Please can someone tell me how to remove this Origin Overlay *? I have been successful in removing the mic by disabling my microphone via control panel but otherwise I can't remove this other small refresh / recycle looking square that is in the way of my game. I literately can not play my game with this overlay on. I have tried all the settings, seriously, all of them but still it remains.

Message 1 of 5 (90,929 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@Coffee_DarkMoods Hi, do you have an image of what you're describing?

As for disabling the overlay, you can click Origin > Application settings within the Origin client. Then choose the Origin In Game tab and disable it via the checkbox. However I suspect that yours is a different issue, hopefully we can get a clearer idea of what's happening. 

Thank you. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (96,006 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Coffee_DarkMoods Hi, do you have an image of what you're describing?

As for disabling the overlay, you can click Origin > Application settings within the Origin client. Then choose the Origin In Game tab and disable it via the checkbox. However I suspect that yours is a different issue, hopefully we can get a clearer idea of what's happening. 

Thank you. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 5 (96,007 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im also having the same issue tried to purchase something in titanfall 2 and invite a friend to play and keep getting a message in game saying origin overlay disabled but gone through all the setting and nothing has worked

Message 3 of 5 (85,952 Views)

★ Novice
I can't find what you're talking about
Message 4 of 5 (73,662 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same here. I am so tired of having problems with Origins that I don't have with any other game client, ever. It seems to happen randomly at least once a month where a game won't install, won't load, won't work if my keyboard software is on so the backlights work; ei things that should have no impact f' up their client constantly. For $20/m you'd think they would get their * * together.

Message 5 of 5 (15,394 Views)