Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

how do I turn the ingame chat hud (PC) back on?

by II__SUSHI__II

Original Post

Accepted Solution

how do I turn the ingame chat hud (PC) back on?

★★ Guide

Since yesterday I somehow managed to get rid of the in game text chat window on PC. Meaning it does only show when I hit ENTER and type a text the hud opens and I see the message being sent.

But a few seconds thereafter it is turning invisible again. There surely is a keybinding to render it visible again, but I did not find it under options so far.

I seam to be able to send orders though (at least I hear my soldier talking)

I haven't changed my nickname - so I supposed it is not some nick filter kicking in, also since i am able to type and send stuff.

After hitting ENTER I am also able to TAB through the chat channels still.

I read the old "chat" related threads but they do not seam to cover my issue which lets me hope I only stupidly manually turned it off.

Message 1 of 5 (100 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: how do I turn the ingame chat hud (PC) back on?

Hey @II__SUSHI__II

To turn the Chat window back on, while you're in game, hit the H key, and it will give you options to either Hide, Show, or Show when Active.

Hope this helps Standard smile 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Are you looking for a response in your Thread that I responded to? Please tag me @iluminatethesky

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as a solution✔

DICE Friend

EA Game Changer

I do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (90 Views)

All Replies

Hey @II__SUSHI__II

To turn the Chat window back on, while you're in game, hit the H key, and it will give you options to either Hide, Show, or Show when Active.

Hope this helps Standard smile 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Are you looking for a response in your Thread that I responded to? Please tag me @iluminatethesky

▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as a solution✔

DICE Friend

EA Game Changer

I do not work for EA
Message 2 of 5 (91 Views)

★★ Guide

Thanks a lot, it can also be found under settings “chat log”

Message 3 of 5 (62 Views)

@II__SUSHI__II

Glad to hear it's working for you.

Have a good weekend Standard smile 

DICE Friend

EA Game Changer

I do not work for EA
Message 4 of 5 (59 Views)

★★ Guide

thanks, you too!

Message 5 of 5 (41 Views)

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help