Re: gun stops shooting intermediately while shooting enemy, left click mouse iss

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

gun stops shooting intermediately while shooting enemy, left click mouse issue

★★★ Newbie

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug I have to re-click my left click button to try to continue shooting. This happens with all guns. With a sniper sometimes the left click shooting button doesn't work the first time so I have to re-click. I tested to see if this was a mouse problem by playing other shooting games and this issue is only in Battlefield 1. I searched the internet and these forums to see a fix but there is none. There is a handful of people that report the same problem but no one knows the answer. People have re-formatted their computer, uninstalled bf1 and re-installed, they have gotten a new mouse, etc and nothing fixes this problem so it's obviously a bug in the game that is happening to 5% of the community.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By possibly looking at the latest update and seeing if that may have caused the issue, because i never had this issue before.
What happens when the bug occurs? gun stops shooting and i have to re-click to shoot or continue shooting
Please select your region North America
In what game mode did the bug occur? Conquest
AMD or Nvidia Model Number nvdia 1080 ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32gb

I have to re-click my left click button to try to continue shooting. This happens with all guns. With a sniper sometimes the left click shooting button doesn't work the first time so I have to re-click. I tested to see if this was a mouse problem by playing other shooting games and this issue is only in Battlefield 1. I searched the internet and these forums to see a fix but there is none. There is a handful of people that report the same problem but no one knows the answer. People have re-formatted their computer, uninstalled bf1 and re-installed, they have gotten a new mouse, etc and nothing fixes this problem so it's obviously a bug in the game that is happening to 5% of the community.

Message 1 of 12 (16,302 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: gun stops shooting intermediately while shooting enemy, left click mouse iss

Community Manager

@Miki_lokko 

We haven't seen a significant amount of reports around this since the latest update. Have you tried right-clicking on the game and selecting "repair" or attempted a reinstall yet? It also looks like you could use the latest driver update for your Nvidia card too.

Have you tried changing your keybindings in game back to default to see if that resets it for you?

GeForce Experience

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (16,232 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Miki_lokko 

We haven't seen a significant amount of reports around this since the latest update. Have you tried right-clicking on the game and selecting "repair" or attempted a reinstall yet? It also looks like you could use the latest driver update for your Nvidia card too.

Have you tried changing your keybindings in game back to default to see if that resets it for you?

GeForce Experience

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 12 (16,233 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry  nothing is working. Literally nothing

Message 3 of 12 (9,384 Views)

Community Manager
@N2DxVIPERR Do you have a G403 mouse?
Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 12 (9,373 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry  Yes, I do, but immediately I say changing it is not an option, because its working correctly everywhere else except Apex Legends and its kinda expensive though Tongue out

Message 5 of 12 (9,348 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I saw people having the same issue in some other games and many other mouses. But I used to play a lot on that g403 mouse without any problems before, it started to freak out out of the blue some day. It looks like this btw, sorry for recording with mobile phone, but i just wanted to make a quick example, in those ones im always holding lmb while shooting, listen to the sound as well: https://youtu.be/OBgYm-oE-E8

Message 6 of 12 (9,347 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Ok, I take it all back Frown I've tried the paint test and i pressed lmb a little bit stronger and the button is not responding like on the vid, but I dont know if I press it that hard in game hah but I switched lmb with rmb and tried rmb with the same pressure and everything was ok so... lost like a whole day of time trying to fix that and it turned out to be hardware issue... how embarrasing

Message 7 of 12 (9,295 Views)

★ Apprentice

at least i have a reference point now and i feel some kind of relief after all those months

Message 8 of 12 (9,290 Views)

Community Manager
@N2DxVIPERR Glad to hear you pinned it down, although it's not the best news to hear. :\

I asked you if you had that mouse because I actually came across a couple threads earlier in a different game with players experiencing similar button responses with that same model so I thought I'd throw it out there a dart at the board to see if we are onto something.

Thanks for coming back to the post to update everyone. At least if anyone with a similar model experiences the same problem they can at least figure out where it's hardware related.

Good luck to you on the battlefield.
Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 12 (9,201 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have you guys found a fix because it does it with all the mouse's i have tried and i have a razor mouse completely different then the other guy and it only happens on apex so if you guys could help that would be awesome has cause me to throw way too many games making playing almost impossible

Message 10 of 12 (5,849 Views)